Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I bought this for my hallway BUT it's a little too big so I placed the sign on ebay.
NO RESERVE!!!
SIGN SOLD WITH BUY IT NOW!!!!! THANKS!

[This message has been edited by tomzcollectiblez (edited 06-28-2008).]

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
R
R
Funny, auction 140244759201 that you are talking about ended because of an error in the listing, not with a buy it now. Looks like eBay and perhaps old gas lost fees

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is why ebay has to raise it's fees all the time, it is very similar to Shoplifting

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Edit the whole thing, don't even want to get into it.

[This message has been edited by blackteetexacogold (edited 07-01-2008).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
QUOTE "
A: Thanks for the offer MIKE. I have been already been offered 700 to end auction BUT I won't! AUCTION WILL RUN TO END IN FAIRNESS TO ALL!!! "End Quote

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I offered this sign for sale on oldgas 2 or 3 weeks ago for $1000. At the same time I offered it to several local collectors. My buddy from Middlebury was on vacation and didn't get my pics and email until it was already on ebay...
He accepted the "1200 DELIVERED" offer that I had made him so I ended the listing.
------------------------------------------
I ONLY had 4 options to choose from to END the Listing!
1)Sell to high bidder at current price?
2)Item was lost or broken?
3)error in listing
4)Item no longer for sale?
So I simply picked error in listing!
EBAY STILL GOT THEIR LISTING FEES
He paid with paypal so Ebay knows and got paid there too.
I should have NOT listed the sign UNTIL I heard back from him and I apologize for any inconvenience!

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
R
R
Option one was the right one, but you would have had to have your buddy out bid the other bidder and then end the auction. Then again, your buddy may have got if for less and ebay would have collected the Final Value Fees. That "In Fairness To All" claim would have been less of an issue. Power of the $$$$$$$$$$ wins again!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Comon guys give Tom a break... We see everyday on ebay listings the the owner has the item for sale elsewhere. Tom gets a full price over and now you roast him over the fire? You could have emailed Tom asked the price and bought it. TO MY KNOWLEDGE ebay does not prevent you from taking items off if they are no longer available.
If you guys have a beef, its with ebay. Email them and tell them you want the sellers to guarantee items will be sold to the highest bidder. To date that is not a requirement on ebay...

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
everyone else that sells on ebay will, and has ended auctions early. everyone can sell there items how they chose. cggas

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
And how about collectors who email sellers, trying to get them to end auctions early. Giving everyone the shaft except their selfish selfs ? Fire away anyone, i'm good for some hits.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What TOMZ did was SCREWED ebay out of their due money, he used them for contacts and then took their contacts and used them for his own gain,
Yes, you can sell your item as you want, Ebay provides an excellent selling source, when you list and sell an item, you should pay them for it.
Many people yank their items after finding a buyer, it is done all the time, usually by the same group. (the ones selling the high dollar signs). It all boils down to GREED.
I said enough, I personally prefer to deal with straight and level sellers

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
GET OVER IT GUYS,,, COLLECTING IS ONE THING, SELLING IS ANOTHER , IT'S CALLED BUISNESS,,,. I BELIEVE EVERYONE WANTS THE MOST THEY CAN GET FOR THEIR ITEM,, IT'S CALLED LOOKING OUT FOR YOURSELF FIRST. Ebay allows it to happen that way for a reason, they are looking after number one first, they would rather get a listing fee and other fees than not get anything at all.The guys that wait till the end of the auction to bid are trying to get it for the cheapest possible amount they can and the seller is trying to get the most possible amount they can. It happens that the seller owns the item and has control and can do with it as he wishes.. Thats what P---'s snipe bidders off.. I'm also one of them...have fun and don't take this stuff so serious.. it's just stuff and theres lots of it out there..

Wes.......
R
R
THIS IS NOT HOW EBAY PLANNED THINGS TO HAPPEN. THIS IS FRAUD. HE ENDED AN AUCTION EARLY AND SOLD THE ITEM OUT OF AUCTION. EBAY CALLS THIS FEE AVOIDANCE, AND IT CAN GET YOU TOSSED OFF THE SITE. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS, HE RESPONDED TO A QUESTIONS ABOUT BUY IT NOW AND STATED, IN FAIRNESS TO ALL, I WILL NOT END THE AUCTION EARLY. THIS WAS NOT THE TRUTH, AS HE POSTED ON THIS SITE HE SOLD WITH BUY IT NOW. THE EBAY SYSTEM ALLOW YOU TO END AN AUCTION EARLY AND SALE TO THE HIGH BIDDER. HAD HE DONE THIS IT IS POSSIBLE THAT HIS FRIEND WOULD HAVE WON THE DEAL FOR LESS MONEY, AND TOM WOULD HAVE HAD TO PAY EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES. DEFEND HIM ALL YOU WANT, IT WAS WRONG, AND THIS IS WHY WE HAVE TO PAY HIGHER FEES TO EBAY!

[This message has been edited by Rick Brown (edited 07-03-2008).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes hit the nail on the head! Get over it. If you want to complain about something why not focus on the repops ebay allows to be sold every day to unsuspecting buyers. Now on to Tom. I picked up the phone and called him to get the right story. Anyone who knows Tom knows he is a man of his word and loyal to his customers. He offered the sign to the man who bought it. The guy was out of town. Tom listed the sign. Stated to someone who had the audacity to make contact and an offer to buy LOL that he would not end the auction. The guy got back, read the email offer from Tom before the listing started and said he wanted the sign. End of story. NO FRAUD, NO FEE AVOIDANCE, NO SHOPLIFTING. Just a guy honoring his offer to a customer. As stated the item is no longer available for sale to a contact that had zero to do with ebay. I myself as an aggressive collector will continue to make offers to end auctions, snipe what I can't get, and cry when I get beat. I'm with Wes, Don't be so serious lighten up and have fun.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said Rick Brown, and all the others who emailed me personally to say they feel the same way, Glad to see we are in the majority

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved