Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This has probably been discussed here before but there are lots of new members so it's a good time to talk about it again.I Was wondering about what everyones favorite item in their collection was?The one piece you won't give up.

Lets see it & hear the story behind it.
Mine is my 4' SOCONY shield sign.(I'll post a pic when I get home).It's the first piece I ever got that I was going to keep.It's not really valuable but I'll have it for ever & it was real cheap & the person I got it from drove here from NJ because he wanted some beer ball knob tap handles I had, I had about $20 into the tap handles I found them at a garage sale.

Lets hear your stories & see your favorite piece.

Got Socony???

Tom
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
This sounds like a fun topic. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

My favorite item is my Wayne 60. I worked all summer to restore this pump. The guy that was going to do the body and paint work broke his arm so I offered to do the work with his guidance and equipment. I was at his house 3 to 4 hours a night for about 3 months. Learned a lot about body and paint work. Was a lot of fun.

Mac

[This message has been edited by Mac (edited 01-26-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Mac (edited 01-26-2007).]

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Three of my favorite quarts..Ron

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have two White Eagle signs. One is a lollypop with an original cast base--White Eagle Ethyl. The other is a White Eagle sign that is coming back from primo sign restorer Don Van Kannel as I write this. Soon as that one comes back, I'll post pics of both. My Grandfather owned the White Eagle dealership in Little River, Kansas from the 20s until about 1935 when Socony took over.

This has to be one of my favorites, I plan to restore the pump in freedom, but have not had the time yet. It is full of freedom cans, bottles, and ink blotters. That is my bulldog LIBBY sitting pretty in font of the pump with a dog biscut in her mouth waiting for the OK to eat it. Yes that is a pool of drool on the floor.

[This message has been edited by Ryan Underthun (edited 01-26-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ryan Underthun (edited 01-26-2007).]

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For us it is without question our Tokheim 850! I bought it about 4 month ago and here it is now!

LARRY

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would say my recently restored Erie 53ncp.

Rich B

clockface pumps, Harleys, the Beach
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Can't decide on just 1, so:

db

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Gee’s, you guys‘s are killing me!!! Those are some beautiful pumps I should be so lucky to own one. I have been working all week on my newly acquired Bennett 646T. As of right now I have the frame all sandblasted and Monday will spray it in a silver paint and then get that part of it together and then start the doors and sides.

If any of you have a Bennett 646 and you wouldn’t mind taking a few pictures of the insides so I can see how things go together it would be much appreciated. When I got it, it was a basket case.

If any of you are in Pomona this week end be sure to attend the grand national roadster show if you like cars it’s the best...

Bill

Bill
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I'm sure most of you have seen my favorite piece but thought I would post it again.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
AWESOME STUFF EVERYONE!!!!! IT ALL LOOKS GREAT.. THANKS FOR POSTING.. WE ARE ALL JEALOUS!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its good to see almost everyones favorite piece is a pump. Not that the other stuff isn't cool, but PUMPS RULE

My favorite is my latest, an American 187, it has been an extremely tough pump to find, but was well worth the wait! It was found in a barn in Mulvane Kansas.......

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G

This Wayne 50A belonged to my wife's grandfather and was rescued from her uncle's farm just before the scraper showed up. Richard

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
REALLY COOL PUMPS!!!!!!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Very very nice pumps. Thanks alot for sharing with us. As of now I have just one for a favorite. It is a Miracle 99 globe from Canada. I really like the graphics on it.

[This message has been edited by gasoildude (edited 01-27-2007).]

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved