Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As Lastgas15 stated the red and white crowns originals have white backs but mine have no grommets. I believe they may have in the beginning but none now. Never mind all that, it is very hard to tell the difference. Several of my originals do have different dates than the repops but one has the same. No help yet. I would stay away from them in less I had it in my hands. As for the Pure pump plates same thing. My Shamrock originals have pea green backs. Don't have any originals with a white back but can't say for sure they didn't come that way. As for Texaco most repops have a newer date if there is no date on the original I would be careful. Yes lots of confusion and getting more that way every day. I would hope after being in this hobby over 11 years I could tell the difference. Have I been burned? Yes by the best and some that have been and are members of this site. Live and learn and things that come around go around. Have a nice day and be careful out there. MY 2 cents. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are my original Red Crown and White Crown pump plates.
Neither have grommets.
The Red Crown is marked I.R.-5-50 and has a white back.
The White Crown is marked I.R.7-52 and has a greenish-grey back. I read in one of the magazines that all original red and white crown pump plates had (I think the article said) white backs. I've seen originals with grey backs, and I think anyone that held my white crown sign in their hands would say its original.

DSC04448.JPG DSC04449.JPG

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ted, I was told the repro Pure pump plates either had square corners or a smaller radius on the corners.
A vendor on this site posted that the repro Shamrock signs were indistinguishable from originals.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob I don't know for sure on the Pure's corners but the Shamrocks (originals) with white backs are tough to tell the difference. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved