Next Thread
Print Thread
#133 Fri Feb 18 2005 06:08 AM
H
Hawk Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hello,
I´m living in Germany (Hamburg). I started to collect and restore Pumps.

And I have one Question....
Did anybody ship a Pump to Germany (from the US) ?!
What is the approx. Price ?! With which Company ?! Any Hints/Tips ?!

Thank you in advance
RALPH

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#134 Fri Feb 18 2005 08:40 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Ralp, Grusse aus Kanada,

I used DHL Danzas to ship a crate of motorcycle parts to Germany, port of entry was Hamburg. The crate was about the volume size of a pump but different dimensions.

It was I think 375 US or near that(2 years ago). If it was larger, like say 2 pump size I dont think it would have cost more as there are minimums for weight and volume. If you need some small stuff sent as well that would be a good time. Gut the heavy parts of the pump (motor, pump mech etc). Might not hurt to tape the glass in case it breaks, easier to clean up. Bolt the pump base to the crate and shim and bolt the top to the crate if possible so that it does not move around.

Good luck with your pump, what kind are you getting???

#135 Fri Feb 18 2005 05:15 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Be very careful what you crate with. All members of the EU have signed a ban on confierous wood from the US>
Larry
Premopetrol

larry ivy
#136 Fri Feb 18 2005 09:27 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Sorry, I had to run and couldn't finish. Customs in the EU member states CAN quarantine your pump is it is crated with cut lumber from the US. The only country not signature to the EU is Switzerland. I airfreighted into Zurich to avoid any hassle. Heated laminated wood is USUALLY allowed, plywood is sometimes allowed, but remember you're at their mercy 1000's of miles away so I wouldn't risk it. For me, ship transport was not cheaper than air freight. Having to crate in heat treated lumber can add $300+ to the shipping. I think I paid around $400 to airfrieght nonstop to Zurich. Could have been cheaper if sent coffin style where a 6 footer would fit in the lower deck of the plane.
Talk to a shipper who does alot of European shipping and freight.
Larry
premopetrol

larry ivy

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved