Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jarvis
Gary, How are the globe shelves now?

Oh thats mean. Are you going to post a link to those pictures too?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No, i know those pics hurt. Hurts me to look at them! I am sure he changed that display though.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Score is 1 to 6 in favor of mismatching.

Thanks JJ Rockefeller for the link to Bill's display. Awesome collection and it did make me lean toward mismatching as the majority of you guys are indicating. Cettainly no disrespect or put down of Bill's display, but, for example, those are an awful lot of Mobil flying horses in one group. IMO it needs to be "broken up" just a little for best eye appeal. And like I said, definitly NO PUT DOWN...I wish I had that many.

jkyocom, funny thing is my Daughter is an interior designer. She never showed much interest in this stuff and besides, she's in NYC now. When I built this building, the contractor restored old houses. I wanted a really neutral wall color but he insisted on this red with green molding. Assured me it would work and I think it does in a way, as long as there are not too many same colors (like the Texacos) all in one space.

I also will put the same sign/different size versions together to show the different sizes. Like Fire Chief and Sky Chief pump signs. Like Lastgas indicated, if you have one size on a wall and a differnt size separate, no one would know the difference so why have them.
Keep the opinions coming.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jarvis
No, i know those pics hurt. Hurts me to look at them! I am sure he changed that display though.

I didn't like how those globes were displayed all over the concrete floor. Could hardly tell what brand they were.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Gary
My idea to help with your sign arrangement, is please sell me the Conoco sign,, It looks lonely on that wall. I will put it with 150 others.. laugh
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Personally, I like each company grouped together. But that's probably because I'm anal and super organized. The problem with that, though, is that you'll likely have to rearrange the wall whenever you get something new. So I'll go against the grain and vote for pic #1. Show us pics of the display after you decide and get it set up!

P
P
I guess I'm bass-ackwards, but I like large signs at the top and smaller signs at about eye-level. My display room has 12 foot ceilings, so the signs are placed sort of like they were at the stations.......large signs higher and small signs lower. The downside is that hanging large ones can be tricky!!!

Richard

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Tara, the Texaco signs have been arranged at least 3 times already and like you said, when a new one comes, there is more arranging. THIS time, I will leave a space for any additional signs I think I may aquire in the future. Like the pump signs arranged by size. If I am missing a size, there will be a space there for the future addition. It may look a little odd at first, but I'm thinking long term now. LOL

Ric, the Conoco is a two piece reflective fence sign "sand painted" like oltoydoc is presently discussing in another thread. Got it many years ago from Todd Helms who wrote THE CONOCO COLLECTOR'S BIBLE. He had two of them and I've never seen anymore.

Poll is now 2 to 6 for mismatching.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Gary, mis match them. It does break it up where people can focus on the different pieces easier.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like the ramdon grouping of the signs better but I would put similair signs together that just have small differences in them. Now this is "just my opinion" but the red walls with the checkered floor seems to take away from many of the signs. An off white or something similair would be my choice but again JMO. You have a lot of nice signs.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved