Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
On my way home from Iowa Gas we stopped in LeRoy, Il for the night because there was an auction there I wanted to attend on Saturday. Bought this at the sale and it was too big for the truck so I headed back to Champagne 30 miles for a Uhaul truck then back to the auction to load this pump. took 4 guys to get it in the truck and 4 guys to get it out of the truck, lol.
Correct Measure, 10 gallon H model with the internals.

Mick

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice score mick!

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
BUTCH GREER + IOWA GAS =

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
MORE FROM BUTCH & IOWA GAS....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW!!!! Nice Stuff Butch!!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
These items don't come close to competing with Mr. Greer's. But here are a few of the small items I picked up in Iowa: An NOS spark plug cleaner with 3 original paper tags dated 1945.

Early Marathon 5 gallon can.

My new garage trash can.

Sinclair can.

Last edited by Coops 427; Mon Aug 10 2009 07:18 PM.

-Matt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That Marathon can might make a nice trash can for the office... That's what I'd use it for!

Great buys, everyone.

I'm glad you got the pump, Mick W. -- I wanted to talk to you more at that auction - we waited for a while, but finally decided it was time to go. I think you were off getting the truck. I'm glad you got it home safely -- it was a great buy!

Wes

P
P
Here's my Iowa Gas take-homes. Picked up this lubster sign from Lonnie Hop.........new in the box.

This one came from the auction.......the "C" was painted over with the "BB" grade.......removed the paint and it's back to original.

This sign arrived at the auction site Wednesday afternoon in the back of a pickup. The auctioneer had seen a picture, but based on the owners description he assumed it was a small repo sign, so it didn't even get a lot number 'til that day. Got it home and it cleaned up nicely. It's 53" from front hoof to bottom wing tip, with 6 mounting brackets on the back.

Richard

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I drove to IG to bring this home. It broke my budget but I brought it home. Mitch

PDR_0060.JPG
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
WOW YOU GUYS DID SUPER AT THE IOWA SHOW! GREAT STUFF! wink

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Couldn't go to Iowa Gas because of work, but I did manage to pick up a few things at local flea markets this weekend. I've had the AC Delco sign for some time now. Not the best sign in the world but I'll never find another that has my last name in porcelain on it. The black spots on it are tar I think. There were several more on there, but hey are coming off fairly easy.

MVC-012S.JPG MVC-022S.JPG
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
11 3/4" Humble Gasoline pump plate

Mike Hudson
303-916-3907
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Wow, lots of nice stuff from Iowa and else where. Great signs there Richard.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...the Humble sign is not a pump plate, it's a reproduction/fantasy piece, never used at a gas station, but made for the nostalgia market...look closely at the 'computer type' in white around the inside of the gear...the old signs and globe had hand-generated lettering, with irregularities consistent with an artist using pen and ink to create the artwork, and not a computer graphics program or typesetter...

...I got a call from someone the week before Iowa Gas, seeking to authenticate a Gulf sign exactly like this...the person who called me was told by the seller that he thought it was truck door sign...many oil company signs, including Texaco and Gulf, were made in this 11 3/4" size...they all have a smooth white back...it would be nice if we could get a thread under 'known unmarked reproductions' and get whoever has similar signs in this size and format to post a photo to use as reference...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I was not certain if it was a reproduction or not so thanks for the information! I paid reproduction price for the sign so I did not get hurt but at least no one will be buying it as an original. Thanks again!
Mike

Mike Hudson
303-916-3907
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved