Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Looks good there. My wife would love to have 5 minutes with that Coke stuff smile I agree 100% with the truckload of pumps. Like the showcase best. Keep them coming smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Did this pump for fellow old gas member Jim White. My first clockface job. Actually it is ALL Jims fault that I got into gas and oil stuff in the first place. I answered an ad in the Wheeler Dealer back in 91 or 92 because I was looking for some gas and oil signs for my boss. Jim sold some signs to me and I showed him some pictures of some Coke stuff I was doing and the rest is history. I started doing pumps and have done a couple per year ever since. DAMN HIM!!! smile

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Of course after I did a clock face for him I had to have one for myself. Just wish I could have kept it longer.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Jim has had some hard to find pumps over the years here is another....as a matter of fact this would be my first basecoat clearcoat paint job. I put four coats of clear over the water release decals. After wet sanding with 2000 grit paper and polishing they were very smooth almost no edge lines at all.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I guess I have always liked that Richfield eagle....

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have never been a big gravity feed fan. Too much glass to worry about and I think that they must have originally used cement to secure those cylinders to the pump. I have spent countless hours chipping away at the sealer they used to use.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I am sure that I have told this story before,actually one of the first posts on this site I told the story of regretting selling this pump....this is a picture of the one pump I still wish I had never sold.
I bought this pump at an auction for less than 200.00 and people in the crowd laughed at me. Too bad they never got to see the end result!!
By the way I saved the sheetmetal you see in the picture. I bought new lower skins, bezels, faces and misc parts but had the remaining metal soda blasted so it didn't warp or blow holes thru it. Welded patches from the inside where ever it was needed filled with duraglass for strength then finished with body filler. Primed and painted with enamel. Lot of work but worth it when you enjoy the end result.

Thats all for today. I'll post more on Monday Everybody have a great weekend!

Last edited by TUCKER48; Fri Aug 21 2009 01:36 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I like the Richfield clock face pump. What is it?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
kinda looks like db's 850 in the early pics!!turned out nice though

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Aug 21 2009 03:05 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Man that is soooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!! grin

Bernie
Retired but refuse to grow up.
Bernie #149378 Fri Aug 21 2009 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You like pepsi products dont you lol. your stuff looks great. very nice

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #149404 Fri Aug 21 2009 09:18 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Too bad you live so far away......Sweet!

Mike
strnge #149659 Mon Aug 24 2009 05:02 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
The short yellow and blue clockface was a national apex pump. The tall light blue and cream colored clockface was a bennett shotwell. Even though I have re-painted all of this stuff and owned a lot over the years I have never done one for myself to keep. I sold my coke collection 11 years ago. I have just a few things left now and have really slowed down on doing gas pumps. I did one in 2007 none in 2008 and am working on two of them now but both to sell.
I have been holding back on a pair of hayes visibles that I have always wanted to put on an island. Maybe next year I'll do just that. The problem is everytime you make a plan life gets in the way and the plan changes!

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Good monday morning everyone. Here is another clock I painted for Jim White a while ago....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved