Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#153164 Tue Sep 22 2009 07:17 PM
M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
JUST PURCHASED THIS WAYNE 60 AS A RESTORATION PROJECT.IS IT A SHOWCASE,DISPLAY PUMP?ALL THE PUMP,MOTOR,ETC.IS IN THE VERY BOTTOM AND HAS A PLACE FOR A SHELF OR PLATE ABOVE ALL THE MECHANICAL PUMP PARTS.THE PUMP AND MOTOR APPEARS TO BE COMPLETE.THERE ARE NO INSIDE SIDE PANELS OR SHELF'S.ALL OF THE SWITCH ROD,CONDUIT,PIPES,ETC.RUN DOWN THE OUTSIDE EDGES.THE CENTER APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY OPEN WITH ONLY A ROD FROM THE PUMP TO THE COMPUTER RIGHT UP THE CENTER.I DO NOT SEE A PLACE FOR ANY LIGHT SOCKETS IN THE LOWER PART THAT WOULD HAVE LIT THE SHOWCASE.IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS I REMEMBER SEEING.IT WAS BRANDED MARATHON.ANY INFO?THANKS.MARK

MVC-024S.JPG MVC-025S.JPG MVC-026S.JPG MVC-027S.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
LAST PICTURE

MVC-028S.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Prettttttttttttttttty sure!

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I'd keep the 'guts' in this one...so many 'showcase' Wayne 60's ain't...nice find...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pump! I agree - I'd clean up the "guts" and put them right back in.

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What!! Leave the guts in for identification?? There are other ways to tell! The light manifold is the easiest way and its very unique to the showcase pump! It actually has another outlet on the back of the manifold for a pipe to come downwards to just above the showcase area! There are actually 2 lights that come down to the showcase area and its IMPOSSIBLE to do with a regular Wayne 60 light manifold without making a mess out of it! Unless you have some pristine internals and actually intend to use the pump one day, the extra weight is ridiculous!
You can also tell by the way the gas discharge pipe is routed and the veeder root will have a very unique gear reduction device on the bottom that offsets the drive shaft in order to meet the pump below!
Theres probably quite a few 60's that were made into showcases but its very easy to find the fakes!!---KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
A pump without the guts is like a car without an engine!! Leave em' in. Kent.

M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
KW,I DON'T SEE WHERE THE OTHER PIPE WOULD HAVE COME OUT OF THE LIGHT MANIFOLD TO LIGHT THE SHOWCASE.THERE IS A PLUG IN THE TOP OF THE MANIFOLD WHERE I ASSUME THE GLOBE LIGHT WOULD ATTACH.DOES EVERYTHING LOOK CORRECT IN THE PICTURES FOR A SHOWCASE PUMP?WOULD THEY HAVE USED THIS TYPE OF PUMP,MOTOR SETUP IF IT WAS NOT A SHOWCASE PUMP?THANKS.MARK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Do what ever you want! Its a 60. Is there an ID tag? Again its yours. If its me, why keep the pump. Maybe you like the weight and smell. I'm just sayin'

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
GENTLEMEN,MY QUESTION IS NOT SHOULD I REMOVE OR KEEP THE GUTS,PUMP,MOTOR IN IT.MY QUESTION IS, IS THIS DEFINITELY A DISPLAY SHOWCASE PUMP?I AM SURE SOME OF YOU KNOW FOR SURE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.THANKS AGAIN.MARK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YES it was.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The pump and all the piping indicate that its a showcase pump! Possibly the light manifold was changed out at some time in its history? Is the Veeder Root in it?
Another way to tell is to look at the bottom edge of the front face cover, as a showcase pump would have a small curved metal piece attached that would serve as a back stop for the lower door.
I'll go out to the shop and see if I can get a pic of the light manifold without having to take my pump apart!---KEVIN

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Mark the bottom end and the legs are correct for a show case pump. Take the face housing and face off the meter and take some pictures of the top end so we can see if it is correct. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The computer should have a gear train like this on the bottom

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK GANG!! Heres 4 photos that show things that are incidental to the showcase pump!
Photo #1 is the bottom of the face plate cover showing the little flange that acts as a stop for the showcase door!

Photo #2 is the light manifold showing the extra pipe coming off the front and going across the pump and down below the computer to illuminate the showcase!

Photo #3 is the back of the light manifold, showing the electrical IN tube thats closest and the tube that comes out the back, directly behind the farthest light socket and it travels directly downward to just below the computer to illuminate the showcase from the other side!

Last but not least is a photo showing the position of these 2 bulbs below the Veeder Root, that are used to illuminate the showcase!!!

The gear reduction system that Joe has pictured is the correct one and is exclusive to the showcase pump as it moves the input shaft a couple inches and also changes the gearing! I hope that this helps everyone in the future for identification!!!---KEVIN
PS--How do you like my Dick Bennett decal that gives the settings??

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved