Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have had 8 or 9 of these showcase pumps and they all had an extra indentation in the frame rail near the bottom of the face bezel...you can see this in the bottom picture posted by K W Frith on the right side just below the screw hole that you see for the face bezel.

Just my experience with these pumps.

Kevin

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I also have a 60 in my garage right now that has the pump and motor mounted down low and has the shelf brackets like the pump in question, but I don't think it was ever a showcase pump and does not have the correct lighting set-up for a showcase either. Another interesting fact about it is that it was stamped 60S and then the S was clearly overstamped with a C. Maybe a change order when it was still on the line?? Maybe I have raised more questions here than I have answered.

Kevin

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What is the purpose of the extra indentation ?

M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
GREAT INFORMATION.THE PUMP DOES HAVE THE CORRECT GEAR DRIVE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE VR.ALSO HAS THE INDENTATIONS IN THE FRAME RAILS.THE LIGHT MANIFOLD IS NOT SET UP FOR THE EXTRA LIGHTS.THE FACE BEZELS HAVE A FLAT FLANGE,NOT CURVED.I WILL POST A FEW MORE PICTURES WHEN IT STOPS RAINING.THANKS FOR ALL THE INTERESTING INFO ON THE PUMP.MARK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That Decal Looks Great!! It is the Details like that, that puts the Restoration over the Top!!! Lets see some pictures of the Rest of the Pump Kevin.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
What!! Leave the guts in for identification??...Unless you have some pristine internals and actually intend to use the pump one day, the extra weight is ridiculous!

...sigh...here we go again - I guess everyone who has gutted their pumps over the years would be against a trend in the hobby to keep guts in an unusual pump, for obvious reason$$$$...

...the point I tried to make was that it appears to me that original Wayne 60 display pumps will become MORE valuable as time goes on, relative to converted Wayne 60's...sometimes it seems like every other person who gets a Wayne 60 wants to make a Polly Gas display pump out of it and/or put a fake clock in it (and paint it twelve shades of green with black trim, but that's another topic entirely)...

...the 'gutless' crowd argues that 'you can't see the guts, you don't open the door up to show the guts, why have them in there...they smell bad and I can't be bothered to restore them as well, besides I have to move my pumps every ten years and they're heavy'...none of the photos KW provided show anything that's visible when the pump door is closed, yet there's an awful lot of stuff that was restored that won't be seen unless the pump cabinet is opened up...can you imagine a car at a museum that had everything restored, but had the engine taken out because it smelled like gas and was heavy?

'Look how nice the paint on the firewall is!'

"Yes, but where's the engine?'

'Oh, we scrapped that because it was heavy and smelled like gas.'

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Esse's Garage
That Decal Looks Great!! It is the Details like that, that puts the Restoration over the Top!!! Lets see some pictures of the Rest of the Pump Kevin.

YES- more pics please. That resto looks very nice! cool ... DB's decal looks pretty good too.

As for keeping the guts/removing the guts- what percentage of restored pumps have everything restored and are actually used to pump gas again.... less than 1%?. Whereas a restored auto is usually restored to be driven and needs an engine to do so. Sorry, never understood that argument. I gutted my 60 (the lone pump I own) for the weight issue but I appreciate those who keep everything intact and restore it all back into full working condition. I do regret scraping all the guts as I now would like to restore it back into working condition. Oh well, there's incentive for me to buy another. smile

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved