Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#157832 Fri Oct 30 2009 09:08 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Has anyone ordered from Vics place? I don't know if I should be concerened or not but its been three weeks since I ordered a visi-gauge glass cylinder and I have not received it. A week after I ordered it I decided to just call and make sure my internet order went thru and she told me they didn't have the cylinder it was kind of an odd size, I told her I better check the size again and call her back. I measured it and thank god they didn't have it because I measured wrong. So I called them back and told them the right size she said great they would ship one right away. A week later I called them and she said I'am sorry but they didn't have that size and she was waiting for a new shippment to come in which should be any day.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
C
I called and left a voicemail several weeks back as I was looking to order signs and a globe for my Bennett, and no one ever called back. Went to Gas Pump Heaven instead..

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Greetings. I just had to respond to your concern over the fact that Vics is not doing a good job. I have been ordering from them for quite awhile. I dont like leaving voice mail and like talking to a live voice to place an order. Vics has always been prompt and professional thru the years of my purchases. Awhile back a globe socket was left out of my order and after calling Cari at Vics it was fired off to me within days I had it. Most recently one of my Gilmore door decals came apart while sliding off the backing, I called and talked to Cari and she said sometimes this happens and I was sent annother one (no charge)right away. I hope to soon post an image of this M&S 80 pump on this site. They are a good company. We all shop for the best deals and service, I have ordered from about all of them and Vics gets an A+ Good luck guys with all your projects. Roger, Reno Nv.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have gotten incomplete orders from Vics and Gas pump heaven. Sometimes they contact and other times just ship what they have. Since the new owners took over Vics I have had excellent service and if I have a question I call and a live person talks to me. Could be their vendor has the visi gauge on back order. Both Vics and gas pump heaven use a lot of the same vendors. I would not worry but give them another call. My 2 cents. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I think vics don beaver are doing a good job but you have to understand that everyone is out of some parts ant any given time.

ward

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes I have ordered from the new owners - got my order a little slower because of the shipping distance - but that is all.

I tried to put in a $1,200.00 order at gaspumpheaven once and was cussed out by the owners because I sometimes buy and sell new items at my cost to the members of oldgas "light sockets is what they were referring too". Something about I don't know a blank about business? Since then I will mess with their minds every chance I get.

When I am looking for an item here is where I go IN ODER:

Ron Scobie - www.gaspump.com
Kelly at Pergls
Vics Place
Webbers Pump in Dallas/Ft Worth
Then this forum.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Have a great weekend !

Last edited by souperhigh; Fri Oct 30 2009 03:17 PM.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I've been finding many parts places are expecting orders in from suppliers on a certain date. They pre-sell some of the items before they get there, thus when they don't get them and get the run around they can't make shipments. I've found this in car parts, hardware, and building items. I've bought stuff from Vic's years ago at swap meets always friendly and helpful. Take care! tt

oldgoaly #157881 Fri Oct 30 2009 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I received a call from GPH, CHEWING my A$$ out about referring 2 guys to someone OTHER than them, not knowing they had the parts needed. In the past they always treated me like a Friend. I NEVER deserved what I received.
NUFF SAID.
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
vics has always been great to me(when seth had it,and after) .as to the other place ,i will keep my mouth shut!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Oct 30 2009 02:42 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Dick,
What are you going to be for Halloween? Weasal or Pelican?

Last edited by souperhigh; Fri Oct 30 2009 03:19 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry your having a problem. I personally have never had a problem with either company. Maybe its because i dont order a lot. Both have been very nice to me. I will say it does take longer sometimes to get my stuff from Vics but i think its because they are in Washington and Im in Missouri.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'll just say this. When I started out restoring gas pumps , Vic's was the only place I ever went to. I found them to be most knowledagable, helpful and cooperative people one could ask for to deal with. Vic's Place, and one particular person I won't name (might embaress ?) had a lot to do with my staying in the gas and oil hobby. They made it easy and fun; what more could one ask for?

I to have been treated badly at Brand "X". I'll stay with Vic's.

Old Iron #157948 Sat Oct 31 2009 02:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good question Maurice, just awoke from 1st nap I've had since I got up yesterday morning ! Still setting in my CAVE,
Thanks
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: souperhigh
Dick,
What are you going to be for Halloween? Weasal or Pelican?

Dick, you could go as a Base Jumper that forgot to pull the Parachute..... eek eek wink.......

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
or a one armed paper hanger!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Better not shake my right hand till ya know my left hand is back doing it's job in the mornings !
My right hand is NOT use to doing SOMETHINGS. Might be some STAINS on it [if ya get my drift] ! LOL

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Good morning:
Have been treated very very fairly by Don and his crew and very helpful. Some things may be on back order, but that is the case at just about every place that you order from now. Call, Call Call, you would be surprised at how things in a 50 call day gets misplaced. As for the others have only dealt with PDG and they too are helpful and willing to go the extra mile to help with a problem.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PDG & GPH are the same place

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If the new Vic's Place is so good, why is he using at least three pictures on his website that he lifted off my website?

He states that his web is copywrited, well so is mine, and I took the pictures.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Oct 31 2009 03:24 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #158074 Sat Oct 31 2009 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack: I don't know Don at Vic's very well, but he has been good to deal with. If he is using your pictures, I would encourage you to give him a shout and inquire about it. Perhaps he got them from someone else and thought it was OK. Again, I don't know him well and am not defending anyone...but I have found a good chat often settles most differences. Best of luck.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #158076 Sat Oct 31 2009 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack: P.S. I do appreciate your frustration with other people using your images and hard work without permission.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #158081 Sat Oct 31 2009 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I did just notice that the new vics has flooded ebay with ads for their parts. Hope it works out for them.

It did make it harder to spot the orignal parts ads - more stuff that you have to look around/over now.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The pictures he used are of ECO parts, single items, I don't believe he would go to someone else to get them.

He wants to purchase items from me and I won't sell to him.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #158091 Sat Oct 31 2009 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Even before Don bought out Vic's, as a small repo/repo parts seller he flooded ebay. Guess it does work for him.

I'd bet there are more single pumps being restored by individuals [that only do a few pumps] than there are members of ALL web sites dedicated to the preservation of pumps combined.

Oldgas has over 11,000 registered members, I'm guessing less than 3,000 have made a post 1x & I'm guessing 4,000 that lurk in once a week or more. WHERE ARE THE OTHER 4,000 ?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"WHERE ARE THE OTHER 4,000 ?"

They are all in South Africa Trying to Email us about our Dead Uncles that were Rich and trying to get us our 15,000,000 US DOLLARS!!!! grin

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
There ya go Jason ROTFLMAO laugh

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Funny Jason.

Thanks, Phil
Jack Sim #158124 Sun Nov 01 2009 07:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
The pictures he used are of ECO parts, single items, I don't believe he would go to someone else to get them.

He wants to purchase items from me and I won't sell to him.

Jack Sim

Why would you not sell to him? A sale is a sale.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Probably similar reasons I won't sell my repo cans to some ebay sellers/dealers.

Online Cool
db wasn't too far off in his estimates on member activity.
Shop Talk has:
1250 members who have never posted a message, including many recently signed up
2550 who have posted only one message, so far
6077 unique visitors in October
452,476 pages viewed on Shop Talk in October

The current number of members and names of the 5 newest members are displayed on the lower left column of the Portal page on Shop Talk.

I deleted several thousand banned spam abusers from the statistics when I made the upgrade in January. Rejected new member applicants no longer show up in any stats now.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #158145 Sun Nov 01 2009 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,
Not counting a WEASEL & a PELICAN, What are unique visitors ?
Can you tell how many different members did a post/reply last month ?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Guys,
When I recently joined the forum I had no idea there are literally thousands of registered members! I think it would really benefit the hobby as a whole if more members posted more often. For me, that's what the forum is all about; an exchange of ideas,information and honest opinions expressed.

Old Iron #158151 Sun Nov 01 2009 09:32 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Very well said Old Iron!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Good Morning Guys & Gals! I have been watching this post since the very first question was asked and thought in the beginning I would just stay out of it and not cause trouble like so many others like to do. Well after watching some of the rude comments and false accusations that were later edited and now Jack accusing our company of stealing his images I refuse to sit back and be accused of theft when it is not true. As most of you know we purchased this business and web site from Seth and ALL of the pictures that were on the web site when it was purchased 18 months ago. Now the way most REAL MEN would have handled this would have been to have given the owner of the accused business a call or even an email to let him know that the images on his web site were used without his permission so the problem could have been resolved! But NO instead he decided to get on here and try to hurt our company by airing out problems that should have been resolved in a professional manor. As far as to your again rude comments about selling me stuff, as I remember you posted within the last month or so about how you were stuck with thousands of dollars worth of air meter ID books you could not sell so I offered to help you get out from under this problem, but again NO you did not even have the common courtesy to return my emails and decided to try and hurt us again on here. As for the comments from others about the Ebay auctions that we have running I checked the Ebay rules and regulations I could not find any where were we were not allowed to sell pump parts and supplies so I guess you will have to keep looking through them and the 100 plus air meter parts that will be listed in the very near future. I thought the idea here was to help others by offering our knowledge and time to promote the petroliana hobby but again I was wrong, the real idea is to have a place where we can try and hurt others. It was mentioned that there were 11,000 members on here but 3000 have only posted once and 4000 lurk without even posting. There is a reason for that they had there heads bitten off by a few on here that like to cause trouble so now they refuse to even post. We get over 100 calls a day at Vic's and ship hundreds of orders each week so needless to say many of our customers ask where they can go to ask questions and gain knowledge. We have recommend Oldgas.com hundreds of times a few that have never been here say thanks and many others tell us there is no way they would come back here after the way they were treated on there first few visits. So I think its time for the few that cause the problems on here to either go away or grow up and treat others in a nice and friendly manor before more people are driven away to the other channel. Pretty soon the only ones left will be the ones that like to cause trouble and the rest will be over visiting with the ever so quickly growing Cheese group. And last but not least I would like to thank the members who have posted the positive comments about Vics66.com, we look forward to working with you in the future

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
SO I belong to another group that is like visiting the grave yard (yawn)Metal workers group(yawn). Old gas is the high lite of my day. I was very supprised at how welcoming the members are to new people they dont even know. Aside from a little bickering I think this site is great. The problem is mixing business with fun.
Thanks old gas it keeps me off Craigslist r&r

Rick & Jean Nelson

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
You know, I started restoring gas pumps in 1992. I know many on here started restoring before me and remember like I do the days when all these reproduction pump parts didn't exist. You had to try and get two or three "partially complete" gas pumps in orde to make one complete one. And some parts were simply unobtainable. It's been amazing to watch how things have evolved over the past 17+ years. Now it's rare to come across a pump that can't be saved due to the diligent efforts of Don, Seth before him, Ron Scobie and alike. Just like everybody else, I have my favorite pump suppliers and those I look to before others, but I appreciate the efforts of everyone out there who provides parts and pieces that make it possible to salvage what were previously unsalvageable pumps. And the fact that people have been able to make a business out of it is truly amazing. So do whatever you need to make things work...flood ebay, send out emailers, or anything else. My greatest fear is that Ron Scobie or Don and the others are going to decide one day that this pump thing just doesn't make sense. And if that day every comes my friends, it will be a sad one indeed. Keep up the good work Don...there are WAY more of us that appreciate all you do than those who don't.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I edited my post to just try to keep the conflict down. My post were true facts.
I did use ebay's and your buy it now on a item on Oct.4th and paid that same day which two weeks later you replied to my email and said you did not even have any in stock.Your auction read 4 available.FACT !!
Finally , yesterday on Oct 31 some one from Joel's place brought it buy the house.
There was never any part of my post that was not the truth.
As for you gripe with the others I don't give a rat's *****.
But don't call me a ***** when You were the one selling stuff and taking payment for stuff you did not have which I believe is against eBay's rules.
Don't act like God when you like the rest of us are human.
Maurice Campbell

Last edited by souperhigh; Sun Nov 01 2009 10:55 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Percentage wise more have left that closed to members only group than have quit posting here. When their members have something to sell or to announce a new item, they post it on OLDGAS before listing on ebay ! Why ? More readers on an open SITE & you don't have to be a member here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don’t get me wrong – I do not have a problem with Vics flooding ebay with ads – I was just wondering if it really worked for them or not? Plus my usual searching “visible pump” etc. were now flooded with repo parts – just making it harder and taking me longer to find a part quickly because I have to sort through all the new listings. Hey if it works and makes your company money I am all for it!

I have talked to a lot of people that look at the forum everyday and never post – just because they do not have something to say or do not know the answers…

What I have found here is most of the regular posters here – like DB and me fight from time to time, but never keep a grudge – it’s like being married – but DB is playing the roll of the wife… lol

Alright Mr. B, get back in the freaking kitchen and cook me dinner already! lol

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But Travis wears the SKIRT & BRA in Public even when he ain't playing his Bagpipes !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man, am I glad that my part of this family lives up here in the "normal" Pacific Northwest, LOL.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But you have to put up with Stover drinking your beer

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I didn't say it was perfect, just normal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Come on now sugar lips - don't tell em all our secrets!

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You've got about 25 days to sell feathers off that TURKEY BIRD before I DEEP FRY it's GOOSE !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
lol

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
from that to this

you get the TAIL, NECK & FEET, hope your not hungy. LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are only 2 people I will NOT sell to...after 20 years they still owe me money.

I don't like throwing stones, I try to stay neutral in matters like this,
but I can't stand it any longer,,,
I have been the victim of "selective sales"
I will name no names, but you should know who you are.
I can't even get an answer to an email.
....I don't know what I have done to deserve it....
If you have stuff on your website for sale, then sell it to whoever wants it or take it off.
Boy....... you give someone FREE help and advice and you can't even BUY what you want.
Then ask for a little help and get ignored.....VERY PROFESSIONAL.
THANKS A LOT

That's All I Have To Say About That!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Travis,
You are pretty good at trying to defuse a tense situation. You may not rember it, but you did it for me one time. I wish you well in trying to kid the guys into avoiding a complete train wreck!!!

Old Iron #158198 Sun Nov 01 2009 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wish he had a bigger bird or at least 2. Plate used [above] is from a DOLL HOUSE SET !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DB I wear a Kilt and play the Bagpipes. Its only a skirt if Travis is wearing something under it. lol and if its not Scottish its crappp!

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #158203 Sun Nov 01 2009 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know the difference between a KILT & SKIRT.
I want a BIGGER Feast for Dinner !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will send you a wild turkey to help you out with your feast. Do you mind if its still alive and really mad when you take it out of the box. Since it will have to come from Missouri.

Shawn Morris
s932 #158211 Sun Nov 01 2009 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They have wild turkeys in Mo. AGAIN ?
Thought WILD TURKEY was from Ky. !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
your to much db i give up

Shawn Morris
s932 #158213 Sun Nov 01 2009 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Last time I was in Mo., what I thought were Prairie Chickens they called turkeys !

Old Iron #158217 Sun Nov 01 2009 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My kind of wild turkey comes in a bottle.... :-)

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Having watched this more and more, just thought that thanking some of the people that have helped me in some of my problems was in order. I am from the younger side of the country, and we do not have as much stuff as the older side.
It is just peoples personalities that come into play just as we were when younger, with some feeling let down by others. When in fact all would probably give the shirt off there back if someone really needed it.
It seems the really long letters on here usually are when someone says something about anothers possible rebuff or misstep. Just one hand out to the other would make for alot of good will.
Just send in more pictures everyone so that we can all have more positive things view.

Craig
K
K
I'm sure most of you have not a clue as to who I am and I'm sure that most of you don't care. Part of being a member of this forum is to be able to say whatever you want at all times. My name is Kaelee and i happen to work for Vic's Old Gas. I want to say that i am surprised to hear all of the negative comments on here. Where i come from, when i have a problem with someone/something i call and speak to someone. It would be helpful if the people that have the problems with us, would let us know. How are we supposed to fix the problem if we are unaware that it exists? I go to work everyday and try to keep all of my customers happy, but there is ALWAYS someone that is there to make your life miserable. You must remember that we speak to hundreds of people in a week and there are bound to be mistakes, after all, we are all HUMAN. I'm positive that all of you have made a mistake or forgot about something in your life time and whom ever you made upset probably forgave you. All I'm saying is, lets talk it out like adults and not throw little hissy fits when something doesn't go your way. I recommend people to Oldgas 10 plus times a week and i would hate to have them come here for advice and them get shot down by all of the hot headed members that are supposed to be here to welcome people into the industry.

Kaelee #158270 Sun Nov 01 2009 08:42 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hi Kaelee and welcome!
I would like to see this resolved rather than talking about fried parrots. Very important topic and to be watering it down with with O/T BS is not right. I say hash it out and be done. I have not ordered yet from the new VIC's but I plan on it. After a bad experience with the old VIC's I had to look elsewhere. Selling things that are not in stock is not cool and should show up in your order BEFORE your purchase. Flooding ebay with ads is ok with me because it's a business. Let's work it out so we can get on to the hobby we all enjoy.

K
K
Couldn't agree more, I'm at work at 8:30-5:00 pacific standard time and I'm more than willing to help resolve any problems that anyone has. If you give me the chance to make things right, i can guarantee you won't be let down. Also, often when people call in and order we try our hardest to let them know that the items that they order my be out of stock... we also do our best to give an ETA of the items that we do not have.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Kaelee & welcome also......there will always be problem people who are jealous, mean, vindictive & outright troublemakers & its only obvious with negative postings... i would love to go on & on and point out some of these problems however i will stop here.....

Kaelee #158274 Sun Nov 01 2009 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Say what???????????????????????????????????? The original poster said he has contacted you folks numerous times and feels as if he is getting the run-a-round. Between your post and Don's I know that my "hard earned dollars" will not be going north any time soon. The customer is always right, ever heard the motto? Instead of these posts, you should be contacting "The Service Garage" and others here who have had a problem, by PM. Instead words are thrown around like "hotheads and hissy fits". I can see where customer service is "job #1" with you folks. I have kept quiet, but I myself have had bad experiences with Vic's since the move. Haven't done anything since with your business, thank you both for reaffirming that decision.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Well, well, well.....if ain't the old "I'm Having A Problem with (fill in the blank)" thread on oldgas.com . Ahhh....the magic of the internet, huh? As most of you know, I operated and/or owned Vic's Place for a decade, so I think that qualifies me to comment on this topic.

All of the other rampant BS aside, I will give you a few facts as to why your pump part vendor of choice always has and always will have supply issues.

1. The Demand/Market Is Simply Too Small To Truly Mass Produce Product.
*When I say mass produce, I mean quantities in the hundreds or thousands. There were only a handful of parts that would warrant serious production. Therefore, one must deal with small manufacturers if not outright ma 'n pa operations to bring product to the market. By their very nature, these types of operations are historically unreliable & unpredictable. Don't get me wrong, I had some great small-time vendors, but if they had anything come up, sickness, vacation, you name it, they might leave us holding the bag for awhile.

2. Profit Margins & Annual Units Sold Too Small To Put Serious Inventory On The Shelves.
*When I owned Vic's, we carried a minimum of $300,000 of inventory at all times, and even that wasn't enough. There were very few items we could afford to carry more than say 20 of. Vinyl Decals, Globe Lenses, Plastic Bodies, and a few others were it. I'd venture to guess over 50% of the parts that are available in any pump parts catalog sell less than 20 units annually.

3. Little If Any Cooperation Between Vendors/Manufacturers
*Even though everyone has their specialty, there isn't much in the way of "brotherly love" in the pump parts business. I remember the first day I owned Vic's. The previous owner (my father-in-law) had some good relationships and some bad ones as well. I telephoned every vendor and offered my full product offering in return for access to their respective inventories. Some gladly accepted, some declined, some cussed me like a sailor and then hung up even though I had ZERO history with them. Attribute to whatever, pride, ego, stupidity, lack of business sense, etc. it's just the way it has always been and will sadly always be. When I owned Vic's, some years, we'd spend over $1,000,000 on inventory over a 12-month period. If someone denied us access to a part we needed, we'd just bite the bullet and make it ourselves or in partnership with others. There are people that haunt this very board that probably cost themselves $50-$60K annually in sales just because they wanted to prove a point.

Now, where Don's concerned with the new Vic's, he's a big boy (literally & figuratively) and doesn't need me fighting his battles, but I do know that it was a massive undertaking for me to move the company across town, let alone 2000 miles. I also know that at least one of my prior suppliers (someone I spent over $100K annually with) cut him off clean the minute he took over. Not to mention the fact that he's had to endure an historic economic collapse within the first 18 months of ownership. So take that for what it's worth.....

Last edited by Seth Robbins; Sun Nov 01 2009 09:51 PM.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
As to the ebay issue.....deal with it, sorry. If it makes your searches a tad more difficult, b*tch to ebay about it. The guy's just trying to stimulate sales in the face of what appears to be a disaster of a Christmas season.

As to the website picture issue.....we had a product offering of over 3000 individual parts. I personally took 95% of the pictures in the catalog & online. I have seen ENTIRE ebay stores based solely on my content. I have seen other pump parts vendors xerox my catalog with the name blacked out, then telling people at shows that anything they saw in the photocopy, they could get. I used to confront people about it, but after a while, I understood that some people where getting the pics 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th hand....magic of the internet!

Last edited by Seth Robbins; Sun Nov 01 2009 09:59 PM.
Seth,

You make many good points. I have never been treated unfairly from you or Don.

But.... the customer was not getting any responses for his problem with the vender. From what I have read, attempted contact was not returned numerous times and now he is at fault for coming on here and posting this??

Looks like he got the attention he wanted from the vendor, just took a post about it on a public forum.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well it looks like everyone got to clear there chest and speak. I think if anyone has issues now can call Vic's and take it up with them on the phone and not on a public forum. 866-427-8807
If you have had good dealings with Vics call and tell them, I am sure after this past weekend they could use it.
Sometimes in business like i work for we have hundreds and hundreds of customers but it's hard to keep everyone happy and the few we don't we always here about it from the the "big guys up front" but never get comments on the 450+ customers that are happy.

It is very hard to get vendors to post on oldgas because they try to avoid conflict. Seth was one of the few that posted regularly.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Seth,

You make many good points. I have never been treated unfairly from you or Don.

But.... the customer was not getting any responses for his problem with the vender. From what I have read, attempted contact was not returned numerous times and now he is at fault for coming on here and posting this??

Looks like he got the attention he wanted from the vendor, just took a post about it on a public forum.

Ryan....I reread my post and don't really find anywhere that I faulted the customer for anything that he has done. Of course, I cringed when I read his post, because I obviously have a dog in this fight. My point in posting wasn't so much to defend Don, but rather the industry as a whole. It's a tough racket. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't "love" this hobby NEAR as much as Don does. He didn't purchase Vic's simply because there was loads of cash in it, if that was his interest only, he'd just stay in the automotive business. I articulated the points that I did to illustrate the obstacles faced in such a small, niche hobby/business. If Don hadn't bought the assets of Vic's, I was folding the tents anyway and moving on. There were many reasons for my decision and believe me, stuff like this played a definite role. Not that we had a myriad of customer service issues, it was just the fact that in a business like this, there were always going to be unreal expectations that I got tired of trying to meet. Not that expecting an ETA on a part's arrival is an unreal expectation, but I had some real nut-jobs that started to push my buttons in the end, both on the vendor & customer side. I know Don's heart, and it's definitely in the right place.....

I am not defending anyone in this topic. I fully understand both sides. All that I am saying is that if the consumer cant get results from the vendor, then they should explore other options to get their problem resolved.

For example.

If the grocery store sells me some bad milk and will not return my phone calls, I will call the BBB.

I feel this is somewhat the same situation.

I have been called out more than once on here for things I did, it goes with the territory, you will never please everybody.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Ryan...no worries, I agree that if you can't results, you gotta do what you gotta do. I always tried to be accessible by at least e-mail, and I was also very blessed to have Dorothy & Debi who had a ton of knowledge & a ton of authority to take care of situations just like this.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Seth,
I wasn't going to post anymore on this topic until I read your last post. Since you named her you sure got it right on Debi, tell her "it's that screwball from New Mexico calling",bet she laughs!! Wishing all of you nothing but the best.

As for ordering pump parts on Ebay; never have, never will. There is nothing like talking to a knowledgable person who really understands their product line and your project while going over your parts list. I'll wait if I have to; just my thoughts.

By the way Seth, those Texaco stars I got from you really complement my Texaco display. Thank you.

T
OP Offline
T
I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW MY CYLINDER HAS ARRIVED AND IT LOOKS GREAT. I HAVE NEVER USED VICS BEFORE SO I WANTED TO JUST ASK IF ANYONE DID JUST TO REASSURE MYSELF THAT THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. THANKYOU EVERONE WHO POSTED, I DIDN'T WANT TO CREATE ANY PROBLEMS.

T
OP Offline
T
I FORGOT TO SAY SOMETHING
HOW ABOUT THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just a short 2 cents from me--My compliments to Don and his staff! I have both bought and sold some things to Don and both he and his staff were courteous and professional! Keep up the good work Don!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just placed a huge order with Vic's as I have complete confidence and have great dealings with Don and his staff and had great dealings with the old Vics also. I have never had to leave a message or talk to a recorder. Always fast friendly service and if something shows up on back order I am informed when I place the order. Doing 6 pumps at once right now. My 2 cents. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I said:

“I did just notice that the new vics has flooded eBay with ads for their parts. Hope it works out for them.”

I am not sure how this became a “gripe” about their company?

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: travis_towle
I said:

“I did just notice that the new vics has flooded eBay with ads for their parts. Hope it works out for them.”

I am not sure how this became a “gripe” about their company?

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Travis....haven't you realized that you are the board punching bag wink

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kiss Kiss... lol

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
All my dealings have been good with Vics smile

www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
[quote=Seth Robbins

Travis....haven't you realized that you are the board punching bag wink [/quote]

I'd like to beat him like a borrowed mule.....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis,
your new name is "Eore"...LOL

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #158432 Mon Nov 02 2009 08:59 PM
M
M
I have placed several orders recently from Vic's without a problem. One time a part was back ordered but it showed up withing a couple days. I also emailed a installation question to Vic's on a Saturday night expecting to get a response sometime the following Monday. I was pleasantly surprised when Don emailed me back within minutes with the information I needed. Pretty good customer service I thought.

mrbill #158434 Mon Nov 02 2009 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your "kinnen" me thunder! lol

Eore
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: travis_towle
Your "kinnen" me thunder! lol

THATS FUNNY!!!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
tink boof ya got a babbit beering loose

Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
tink boof ya got a babbit beering loose

Looks like Dick got into the burban again.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
better not find him in my burban!!might get cut with all the broken glass in there!!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Has to do something for the pain laugh wink

www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I just placed my order with Vic's, very nice people

Looking for anything Hancock, Signal, Veedol/Flying A and Richfield
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved