Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
Topic Options
#161550 - Tue Nov 24 2009 08:17 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Scott Baselt]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...again, from the Aumann Auctions website, to show how they were attached...these date from the 1920's and 1930's...

Attachments
027.jpg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#161570 - Tue Nov 24 2009 10:30 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: gulfiend!]
jkyocom Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GA
It's amazing how many folks find religion after being incarcerated.
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

#161577 - Tue Nov 24 2009 10:55 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: jkyocom]
Rick Berrong Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: dallas, georgia USA
I looked at all of Ray's listings last night and it seems he may have turned over a new leaf. He seems to be listing his stuff honestly now. Good to see. Funny what a good spanking from Old Gas will do to ya! Next subject please, this one has been beaten to death!

#161585 - Tue Nov 24 2009 12:11 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Rick Berrong]
jkyocom Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GA
G'night John-Boy.....LOL
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

#161589 - Tue Nov 24 2009 12:40 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: jkyocom]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
My friend gave me a tip on how to tell an original from a repop in his own words; "I hope if you post this that you'll correct yourself and tell them I only purchased a small portion of Erol's collection.

These 5" plates are for a lubester, not a topper. Tankars is the real deal, and T-Rays is a fake. The way to tell real from repo is the star points. On a real plate the star points at 3 & 9 o'clock point directly to the round white circles on the border... The star points at 5 & 7 o'clock extend into the wording Made By The Texas Co. U.S.A. ...."

My questions have been answered, LOL.

#161605 - Tue Nov 24 2009 03:24 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Bob Richards]
oldgoaly Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: So. Illinois
Bob, Thanks to you and your friend! Now I see a big difference! That nugget of knowledge should hold true on all Texaco items. Take care! tt

#161613 - Tue Nov 24 2009 04:12 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: oldgoaly]
Ryan Underthun Online   content

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
This is the reason we like to keep these kind of topics posted. There sure is a lot of information in this one thread.

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#161638 - Tue Nov 24 2009 05:59 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Bob Richards]
Dale Stephens Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
I was under the impression Tankar's was a topper, I was wrong. No wonder I was questioning it, am I ever right? I made the mistake of not reading the auction correctly. Sorry for the trouble my questions may have caused. Thank you Dale for pointing out that I was wrong in a polite way, LOL.

Bob:
I thought about what I said today and was afraid I might have offended you. If I did in any way, I'm sorry....Dale

#161722 - Wed Nov 25 2009 07:45 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Dale Stephens]
publicenemy1925 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: OKC, OK
This has been a very informative thread. I'm glad it wasn't closed. Somethings need to be hashed out.

#161786 - Wed Nov 25 2009 12:35 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Rick Berrong]
Signal Gas & Oil Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Lodi, CA.
Maybe turned over a new leaf for this one item but these new sunbeam signs and the orange crush signs sure scream repop. IMO Ted
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield

#161914 - Thu Nov 26 2009 11:39 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: hotcidr]
signguy85 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I just wanted to give some info on the birdcage signs, as I am the other person who has a few of them. They are 100% original, with original boxes. They came from rayvic garage in minneapolis minnesota. Yes, the boxes are very worn, but I am sure that cardboard doesnt outlast a metal sign. Some of them do have slight rust, but the majority are in near perfect shape. google image search "rayvic repair" and that is the garage. Thanks

#161946 - Thu Nov 26 2009 06:08 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: signguy85]
Mr.Wadhams Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Wisconsin
I remember seeing the auction on line. They sold in lots of between two 2 and 27....over 125 of them were sold all together. I was amazed when I saw the auction! I did not get any...darn!
Jim

#161969 - Thu Nov 26 2009 10:22 PM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: Mr.Wadhams]
signguy85 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I put one on ebay today, no reserve, just trying to move them.

#162470 - Mon Nov 30 2009 02:55 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: gulfiend!]
67Chev4X4 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I see tray as got another Shell kerosene flange sign on ebay #380183164891 tonight. Same add and pictures as before. Must of had two signs exactly alike.

#162471 - Mon Nov 30 2009 06:34 AM Re: Shell Kerosene flange sign [Re: 67Chev4X4]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Chevy, This is the 3rd or 4th sign "nos" he has found. How would like to bought the first one and then see the others? What he is doing is fraud and if people would pay with USPS money orders and if a few complained about the fraud the USPS will go after him. I know because i had a guy 1 year ago this month rip me off and USPS is going after him as we speak.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved