Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
As Tom & his crew were leaving in 2 huge penske's and a one-ton & 30 foot car hauler....I saw something that I'd not seen until now. When Tom let the trailer down on his ball-hitch, and literally just sunk the butt-end of the truck down and put the front of the car-hauler in the grass! Needless to say, there was some load readjustment!

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Tom has put on a lil weight lately. wink

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHAT DID I WIN ?
LOL
Sure glad no one asked me to help load the trucks.
db

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like you going to have a lot of parts to list on your sight Ryan.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
like two kids in a candy store!!LOL cant wait for a bunch of stuff at spring peatone.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I couldnt agree more with you Shawn & Mick!! I would like to have that globe tower for my G&B 66 wink smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Is that 66 tower my prize for guessing correctly ? LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
I'm guessing Tom Buckles OR Ryan Underthun.

I don't know Dick, looks like you specifically said Tom OR Ryan, not Tom AND Ryan. I think you are disqualified

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like Jim will building Tom a site next. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well...I made it home late last night, what an adventure in moving! This has been a rather large undertaking but I can tell you I could not have dealt with a better group of individuals. Seth was awesome to work with in every aspect, thanks Seth. Ryan and I were able to work together in a spirit of cooperation like you could not have imagined, thanks Ryan for help making this work for both of us. I need to state, Ryan and I are not partners in this, we split it fairly and we go our separate ways.

I don't know how DB guessed it but he was close....but just missed the big prize, that "or" got him.
Brad is right, happy to get it all but not real thrilled with the loading and then the unloading that is to short right after this post.
Now here is a few pics.

This picture is the second pump being loaded..a picture of the first pump being loaded would have shown me about half way up the ramp and my feet going out from under me and landing flat on my back and then the pump nailing me...THAT HURT!

GVWR?!?!?! When you are 800 miles away from home and have limited space and don't want to leave anything....lucky for me Seth's friend, Chancey (who helped load, thanks Chancey) had several different receiver hitch drops so the I could raise the front of the trailer but we still had to unload 15 pumps from the front of the trailer and reload somehow at the last minute in the back of an already loaded Penske truck. Finally underway late Friday we stopped off in Joplin MO. The next morning we headed for home only to get halfway across Missouri and one of the Penske trucks quit running. Called the Penske hot line, got it fixed and home about 10:00pm. Now to unload.....OH I need a lighter hobby.
Last but not least a big thanks to my crew, Deryl Chew and Bob Scott. And special thanks to my understanding wife, Janet. She just came in and commented that the neighbors must think I am moving out with all the trucks parked in the driveway and that she might start getting calls from guys wanting my shop.
Gotta go to work, Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thats a lot of work. The ramp on the truck looks like it was a pain. When I moved I used a big Penske truck like the one you used but it had a lift gate and ramp.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom,
With only 1 hand typing I missed the /& after or !
& no one else did a guess, Winner by default. LOL

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
"Stop that one armed man!"..-Dr. Richard Kimble smile

S
S
So many pumps! So little time! That was so much fun helping bring part of these pumps back to Indiana. I cannot wait to add a few to my Sinclair collection.

Go COLTS!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved