Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160944 Fri Nov 20 2009 07:09 AM
J
JimM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Folks, I am new here at this site, and have a couple questions. I have a few items from my Dads gas station he had back in the 60's. But, I will only ask one at a time to help avoid confusion.

First, I just re-acquired my Dads old Grease Gun. I read Lincoln Engineering (Yes, I see they are still in business) on the gun handle, but that is all I know about it. What I would like to know is...

What year this was made?

What colors is is supposed to be? (I see the "can" is red and the base is black but has white on the top too, Repainted maybe?)

Any info is appreciated!

Jim

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/Jims68/JimsGreaseGun1.jpg

Last edited by JimM; Fri Nov 20 2009 07:15 AM. Reason: Picture location
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Jim, welcome to Oldgas from another Jersey guy.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Hi Jim,

I cant help you with the information you are looking for, but welcome to OldGas!

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Old Gas Jim smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have a large catalog, actually it is one foot tall of small catalogs of a ton of stuff made by Lincoln. I would rather not go page by page to look for your unit, I would prefer you find a model number on the unit, this will make my search easier.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
J
JimM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
I have a large catalog, actually it is one foot tall of small catalogs of a ton of stuff made by Lincoln. I would rather not go page by page to look for your unit, I would prefer you find a model number on the unit, this will make my search easier.

Jack Sim

Thanks for the replies and welcomes!!

I will look for a model number. Do you have any idea on where it may be located? IF not, I will need to wipe it down really good as it has that shop dirt and grease on it from many years of sitting around.

Jim

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I would look for an ID tag.

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
J
JimM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I removed the "TOP BELL" (as I would call it) and found a metal tag on the pump unit. This is the number I found:

Not sure if that is the number for the WHOLE grease gun unit, or just the actual pump unit part. This was the ONLY number/tag I found on the whole assembly.

Jim

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Lincoln has been in business since the late 40s, they are about 3 miles from my house. I have a friend who works there and he said that their first product was a wheel balancer. My catalogs show 1000s of products, and they are from the 50s & 60s.

On my first attempt to identify the unit, I found about 10 models that are similiar, this one come the closest.

Your unit is probably the 917 and it was made in the late 50s to early 60s. From the bottom: black base, white cabinet with a red top, and a white tower. It had a Lincoln badge or decal about 6" below the red top.

Email me if you are interested in color sales literature or a service manual. jhsim@swbell.net

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Nov 22 2009 04:06 PM.

J
JimM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the info Jack!!

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved