Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a 10-H pipe organ, looking at another one that owner told me doesn't have pipes on top as he describes "There were two types, farm use with no pipes like his and pipes for a city pump" His pump has the right lights, right notched out horizontal gallon stop and even the lower access door as seen in the book. It looks identical to the 10-H I have but did they come without pipes but everything else was the same?

Kris Strong
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No.
Why would there be Gallon stops w/o pipes ?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Tat is kind of what I am thinking. How would it operate?

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
It has the main pipe and the bent "U" shaped pipe so I think that it's just missing the pipes and the guy think it's a regular pump??? Book has a 10-H at 7500 I think that's a little high but I would buy if all there and no real rust for 2500-3000

Kris Strong
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If someone happened to save every piece of gas pump literature a question like this would be able to answer. Who knows what these pump companies did to sell their pump. There very well have been a "farm version."

But...

Keep in mind, farmers didn't buy gas pumps. Most were given to them by the local gas distributer, with the understanding that they would buy their gas from them. These pumps were usually used pumps coming from large cities that changed pumps every 3-4 years. That is why you will find a Shell pump in a area that never had a Shell distributor, they never even bothered to change the signs on the pumps when they were put on the farms.

I would really look at the pump, try and determine if anything was removed, then decide should I return it to the original 10-H or leave it as it is.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Tue Dec 15 2009 11:55 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Jack. Once I get better pictures of what is there I will make a determination. Are the pipe organs difficult to find and do you stand by your approximation of value based on unique pipe-top style? Obviously all of the "good" pumps are getting harder to find. I would think that would assist in raising the values???

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The book is Just a Guide, NOT a Kelly Blue Book.
Printed material doesn't change with the economy.
I understand the prices as Complete restorable condition.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Like anything else the more parts it's missing the less it's worth.
There is NO TELLING what you might find cobbled together from a pump co.
Pump mechanics did some weird stuff too.
There were some pump companies that only made cabinets,
they used others' guts.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Before Jack wrote the first gaspump guide, the hobby was limited to only one other book by Scott Benjamin and Wayne Henderson. It was helpful but lacked a bunch of info. Jack stepped forward and with the help of several people in this hobby, determined a fair estimate of what this stuff is worth. We all know or should realize that this guide is only an educated guess on the part of a group of knowledgeable individuals. As Dick stated, the economy dictates values. This stuff is not of the same value as it was three or fours ago. In a lot of cases it is less. Jacks' guide is extreemly valuable to me but to consider it "THE" price guide....guaranteed, would be foolish. Experience is how you learn. The guides are only a tool.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys for the input

Kris Strong

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved