Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166175 Tue Dec 22 2009 07:33 AM
zooman Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys, sorry I've been absent for a spell, got a radio frequency computer set up after many years of the dish that wasn't worth a *****. Then was training for a half marathon in Denver, then back to life on the farm with a problematic coyote taking out some of my critters and then winterizing for the plants and parrots we have outside.
Anyway so I started my restoration bass ackwards and a friend suggested I do it right. 40 hours of bondo and lab metal work, had everything restripped to bare metal and here's where it's at.
I am also going to post a pic in the appropriate thread of some of the old stations in my area.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hummmmmmmmmm, a Gilbert And Barker , go fer it ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Good start but it looks like your dog may have been stuck to the bondo.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
zooman Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry about that it's a T176. But the one thing different I have noticed is that the slot for where the selector is by the small upper door is on the bottom where all the other restore pumps i have seen is at the top.
Got to love those boxers, they stick to everything, lol.
Right now I am using a product called Devcon to fill in the holes. It looks and works like JB Weld and we have it at work.
Troy

D
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
D
There's definitely 2 different versions of the 176. As you said, some have the return valve lever towards the top of the access door while others have it towards the bottom. Just make sure the skin that you're going to spend a lot of time restoring fits the pumps' plumbing that you're going to put it on!

V
van Offline
V
Saw your reference to..Lab Metal..I just used this on a 96..Applied it EXACTLY as label said..and doubled the dry times. Had the metal powdercoated..his booth operates at about 450..and STILL some of the areas "gassed"..and some were perfect...Have you done much with the product ?..Trying to determine if I did something wrong..

zooman Offline OP
OP Offline
Van, I didn't get that far when I had the skins restipped due to my impatience. i know of several people here that have recommended it but don't know if they had their projects powder coated after it was applied.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved