Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After reading the article i had to chuckle, they say it weighed several hundred pounds & at least 200...i don't think it would break a 120......only 8 or 9 like this in the USA, in this condition....i know of at least that many in as good condition without the bolt hole & i'll bet Dan Matthews know of even more....

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These folks are not experts in oil and gas. I am sure that if they had a dollar for every person that asked if it was for sale they could probably retire. They have been told by oil and gas collectors like us that it is special and in this condition it is rare. Bottom line is they have been robbed of an important family heirloom. They turned down several thousand dollar offers over the years and it represents the work their father did for many years and it was an icon of the town. So if the article isn't totally accurate who cares?

And it did weigh a great deal as they built a steel frame to hold it. we know what the base of old gas pumps weigh...imagine about four of those put together and then mounted on a large pegasus sign.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #167454 Wed Dec 30 2009 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry i'm not trying to critisize the article but if the article isn't totally accurate who cares ???..........well if they want this horse back i would say the accuarcey of the information they give out should be somewhat accurate & now we know that it was mounted to a steel frame & that weighs about the same as 4 gas pump bases......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MY BODY (W/O THE TAIL AND LEGS: FRONT AND BACK WEIGHED 75LBS. I HAD IT HANGING ON MY LIVING ROOM WALL WITH ONE BOLT!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved