Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...SFG, you should have stated the answer as something like:

"It's the make and model of the visible pump to which this handle attaches"

...Alex Trebek never asks the questions (unless he's interviewing the contestants), he just gives the answers... wink

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for "setting me straight" with that confidence building comment Dick. I think somebody tried to retrofit what I have because there is a cut even around the skin where somebody opened it up a bit for some reason. After looking at other handles I do completely agree it definetely G&B.

Kris Strong
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Figure this one out! Every piece of 176-179 literature I have, both sales & parts, shows a handle with a twist at the top.

I know you cannot positively state that what this lit shows is what they did, but what G&B does the handle shown above fit?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Jack I have a g and b with the handle you picture. The pump mobil 100 pictured is a tc1 here in canada I think they made it only in canada?

M
M
My G&B176 has a handle exactly like that one and all of the dozen or so photos of G&B pumps I collected off the internet have the same type. The only cast handles I have seen are in the print ads.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is my next pump project. It has been sitting in my backyard for the last 3 or 4 yrs. It is a T176 square and it has the exact same handle on it that SFG posted the picture of. When I first looked at it, it looked homemade, then I realized it wasn't. Also the hole around the handle as been crudely enlarged so that the operator could get a wrench in to pull up the packing without taking off the side panel. Mitch

Picture 02 26 06 008.JPG
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Mitch that makes sense as why mne looked "monkeyed" around with and the hole was cut larger. Neet looking project. Good luck

Kris Strong
D
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: 67Chev4X4
This is my next pump project. It has been sitting in my backyard for the last 3 or 4 yrs. It is a T176 square and it has the exact same handle on it that SFG posted the picture of. When I first looked at it, it looked homemade, then I realized it wasn't. Also the hole around the handle as been crudely enlarged so that the operator could get a wrench in to pull up the packing without taking off the side panel. Mitch

That's the 1st square G&B I've ever seen, I didn't know they existed. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved