Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#168240 Mon Jan 04 2010 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Was wondering what the majority was on displaying petro and related items outside beside your shop, garage, or home and thoughts about it. Cast a vote and post a comment.
I do not display anything outside, I guess I don't want people suspecting what might be on the inside thus inviting vandals. Thoughts???

Do you display petro outside?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: Mon Jan 04 2010 06:38 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have quite a few signs hanging outside. I have never had any problems at all smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I LIVE ON A MAIN DRAG NOW FOR A YEAR AND A HALF. SO FAR KNOCK WOOD (knock-knock) I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH VANDALS OR THE TOWN. BUT IT HAS CROSSED MY MIND OF HOW EASY IT WOULD BE FOR A VANDAL TO ACCESS MY YARD, UNBOLT SIGNS FROM MY FENCE AND SLIP THEM OVER THE TOP AND INTO THE WOODS AND SLIP OUT UNNOTICED! BUT LET'S NOT GO THERE.

THE OTHER DAY I WAS WALKING MY DOG OUTSIDE THE CYCLONE FENCE AND I SAW A BLANK SPOT ACROSS THE YARD ON THE STOCKADE FENCE WHERE MY LION SIGN "WAS!" I QUICKLY REALIZED THAT IT FELL OFF AND WAS LAYING ON THE GROUND....WHEW! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
I live in a subdivision with two big lots. I have pumps outside my garage and some old barn hanger signs on the buildings. I have not had any problems yet, my neighbors keep an eye on the place also.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I only have one pump outside the rest are inside. I dont worry about vandals i just like them inside

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a couple pumps and a few signs outside, I used to have several but have been slowly moving them inside as I hear of more items getting stolen off buildings, It would only take a few minutes to come and go and not be noticed.
I never worried about Vandalism, Theft is what scares me.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You have seen pictures of my place.Lots of it is outside.There are no restored pumps or expensive unrestored pumps outside.The restored ones are in the showroom and the unrestored Tok 34 is in the shop.The only good signs that are outside are on the sign fence;the rest of the outside signs aren't worth stealing.

I have a rental apartment in the showroom building,so someone is almost always there.But I will note that I still worry about those fence signs,particularly the Frontier.

I don't live there.And I get really concerned whenever that rental is empty!

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I live out in the country with no real close neighbors, but alot of traffic on the road. Some one is around most of the time, but it wouldn't take long for some one to walk into the barn where my globes are, even with an alarm system. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have four pumps outside of my garage but they are bolted to the concrete so I'm not really worried. Neighbours keep a look during day time...

D
dud Offline
D
Pumps and signs outside and have never had a problem. Nothing of real high value, except to me. We live in a rural area with moderate traffic - mostly local. Also helps to be known as the local "shooter". A lot of target shooting in the back yard, both day and night, probably a bit of a detterent.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I live in the city (a small city, lol). 7-8 years ago, I ran to the local grocery store 5 or 6 blocks away. Didn't pull down the garage door as my neighbors were around. Got home and the cops were there blocking my drive. Parked down the street and walked home with my essentials (6 pack and TP). Seems that my pump, signs and the Mustang caught a wondering eye and this person decided to walk in and see what was available? Luckily my neighbor across the street saw a person in my garage thought it was me and decided to stop over and "shoot the breeze", and to see how much of the Mustang I had completed. Rude surprise for both parties when the two met. My neighbor grabbed his cell, while the intruder grabbed some old Model A tools. Again, I was lucky. The Police sub-station is right next to the small grocery I was in. When they got the call, I was picking the beer I wanted (as most here know a very important decision, one that must not be rushed) The would be thief was caught a few blocks away and by the time I got home, the whole neighborhood and part of the police force seemed to be in my small 1 car garage, running their hands over everything. Very,very long story short, I don't keep the garage door open, even when I'm out doing yard work or mowing, now. Too easy in town (maybe just this neighborhood) for someone to "liberate" an item and keep walking down the street. We also have a big Meth problem in our area, so better to be safe than sorry.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've got a sign at the gate: ANYONE FOUND HERE AT NIGHT WILL BE FOUND IN THE MORNING. If any of the alarms go off, which by then there locked in here with me- & I have to got out there, I won't be going out to talk!

RANDY
D
D
I have 3 pumps outside with a few signs mounted on our shed. We live in a small subdivision,(25 homes on 1+ acre lots).Neighbors have always looked out for each other. Never had any problems.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have 2 pumps outside and many barnhangers.

E
E
Only repop signs outside my shop. I was originally going to display my Tokheim 39 Tall outside the shop but my wife said "No way after you spend the money to restore it"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved