Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i used to have about 6 pumps outside and a few signs.when scrap went thru the roof i put all in but 2,and they are on my front porch.also have a motion light out there.never have had a problem,but you just never know.3 of my neighbors are laid off right now so they see if anything funny is going on during the day.pumps i have left out are not real rare.i know some people used to turn in and drive past just to see all the cool stuff,but not so much anymore.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: advertologist
ANYONE FOUND HERE AT NIGHT WILL BE FOUND IN THE MORNING.

I have the same sign posted... But skunks cant read. LOL. I've never had a problem with snoopers. I'm far enough out, and all the neighbors watch each other around here.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thunder,
my 4 legged skunks read better than the 2 legged ones! We have had a few around here, they (4-legged) are fairly unafraid of people cause I just about step on them inside the shop or outside. 2 legged ones are pretty bold too, back right up to the house with a pick up. tt

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I have a large amount of barn handers on the outside of my machine shed, most of which have a lot of problems. No really good ones, they are inside.I realize that a thief could rip them off with a crowbar, but when I hang them I always bolt clear thru the wall and use two different style of bolt heads so the thief cannot unbolt them in a hurry. Been there about 10, 12 years and no problems yet. Norm.

Norm Huff
P
P
I have 4 pumps outside, one out front of my main garage, and a couple out back by my storage building and one on the deck...
Haven't been too concerned in my small town as of yet.. but my neighbors are always watching as well..

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Interesting topic. I've always been very amazed how may people will come by to do a job (plumber, electric etc) and they don't even comment on the signs. Some look at my cars but very few, unless they are collectors, just don't see anything but a piece of metal and might say "oh that's nice". Most people just don't have a clue

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I have a short Tokheim 39 that I installed my mailbox in the center where the computer went. It has a globe on top with my address numbers in it. I have had to replace the globe only once in 3 years.. I have a lot of older people stop by and ask if it still pumped gas?
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
DuceCpe,
Do you have a pic of the Tok mailbox?

I thought about doing that if ours got destroyed by kids.
Probably wont happen since we arent on a main street.
Is a problem if you are on a busy street.
Mark

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I put this M&S 80 in my driveway about 15 years ago and it is still there. I put 4 long concrete lag bolts in the base and covered the threads with JB Weld so the nuts can't be backed off. Funny this is, about an hour after I bolted this thing down a deadbeat tried to steal it and I chased him down and almost beat the S**T out of him. Since then there has been no problems. I use this pump as a piont of reference when people come over. And yes, everyone not in the know wants to buy it or asks "Does It Work".

-Matt
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Almost all my petro stuff are outside and I never had problems with thieves or vandals.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
To keep people away from our house we posted a portrait of ourselves

And if that doesnt scare them away we have a real nice burglar alarm.

Then a few seen and hidden cameras

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved