Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#171381 Fri Jan 22 2010 11:52 PM
T
OP Offline
T
This "box" came with the Southwest OK7 I got this week. It was pretty rusty, and still has some pits inside lower left of pic. Was this possibly being used as a price box, or, what is it?
Thanks, Louis

pricebox.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Was it attached to pump ? Inside or outside ?
What is the size ?

T
OP Offline
T
Dick, I bought the pump in a disassembled condition, and this was with it. I bead blasted it tonight, but it was in approx. the same condition as the rest of the rusted parts. It measures 5.5" x 6" x 2". The tab at the top/right corner has a 3/8 hole through it, which is the size of the tierods and another rod that came with the pump. The cast plates that go on the cylinder use 9 tierods, but there were 11 different rods taped together. I don't know what the 2 extra ones are for.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just a guess:
to hold a Receipt Book for local users who would charge gas & be billed @ end of month [local hardware, plumbing & meat mkt here still have charge acctounts].

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Just a guess:
to hold a Receipt Book for local users who would charge gas & be billed @ end of month [local hardware, plumbing & meat mkt here still have charge acctounts].

When I was traveling over the xmas holiday I stopped at an old gas station in a little town and saw a notebook on the counter with names and amounts handwritten in it. I asked the attendant about it and he said he allows some businesses and individuals to charge their gas. I was shocked that someone would still do this. He said a lot of them were from snowmobile clubs that would make small purchases and settle up at the end of the month.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved