Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this site was for the good of the hobby, what kind of moderator are you! Here we have a group of active members, upstanding reputable collectors trying to save each other come grief from an obvious threat, and you take the liberty of closing the discussion. Why, Because you don't have anything to contribute? Because theres no question posed that you are an expert on? I know that normally gives you the opportunity to insult people because they are new and just learning, I used to think this was a great site, but the way it's run leaves something to be desired, I Quit...........

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
There isn't anything wrong with this site or the moderator. He was correct in closing that discussion. It is evidently clear that this Dominic guy is someone you dont want to do business with. No further discussion is needed. Anything else said could be seen as slander, and the moderator would be responsible for having let it continue.
One question, if you thought this was such a great site, why have you not had the guts to register and identify yourself. Just a thought..........

K
K
Yes , this was a great way to inform collectors of intentional bad business dealings by DOMINICO IDONI. I lost a lot of money and all I stated was FACTS!!!!!!!When you have court judgements with case numbers, how could anyone say that is slander? I wish Dom would sue me, that way we could get him back in court. If anyone has any questions I will be glad to talk to them personally. Thanks to oldgas.com for a few days of justice, a good percentage of the hobby has already seen these statements. Please(oldgas.com) reconsider and let collectors hear the facts. I will also be glad to send oldgas.com or anyone else that request it my proof. Ken Scroggin(256-772-7483)

G
G
I support Old Gas' decision! This site has gone on long enough about this alleged problem. I thought the purpose of this website was to exchange information for the good of people interested in the hobby. While I don't believe the prior verbage meets the standard for libel, it really does little to enhance the hobby. Those who have succeded in the hobby/business know that if something appears too good to be true, it probably is!

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I did not dispute anyones facts. I only said that the posts could be seen as slander. A good lawyer can sue and win for anything these days. I havent had any personal dealings with this person, and thanks to this forum I never will. The collecting public does have a right to know, and now they do. Thats why there is really no need to continue the discussion. What else can be said than what has been already been stated? He is crooked, case closed.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I support Jims decision to close the thread. How many times do you need to hear the stove is hot before you don't touch it any more? He simply closed the thread. He didn't delete it. It will stay here, on record for anyones review.

I think your agruments might be more credible if you didn't go on a personal attack. Can you name one time when Jim insulted anyone? I don't think so.

Sign your name or use your usual sign-on rather than hiding behind an assumed name. If you choose to leave, that is your choice. Best of luck to ya.

I have done a little detective work and have found that someone at the same access IP address has apparently posted the original question in the topic "Does anyone know Dominic Idoni" along with one of the strongly worded complaint replies in that topic thread and the original message in this topic. One of the identities is newly registered and the other two are additional identities for the same user that are unregistered. This is misleading and undermines the credibility of the point of the messages.

Most users of this site know that I strive to never insult people but actually try to help new collectors whenever I can. I have never claimed to be an expert on any subject and try to not dominate this forum with my own thoughts and agendas.

The Does anyone know Dominic Idoni topic was closed because the point of the messages was made and more name calling and attacks would only expose this Web site to litigation. The topic is still open for viewing, but not replies.

The users of this site can make their own judgement about Mr. Idoni, his critics and my fairness as a moderator and Web site provider.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Edit to add link to original Idoni discussion.

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 03-01-2002).]

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Well said Jim. No complaints here, you're doing a fine job. I think everyone had an idea that a certain someone was behind several of those posts. Keep up the good work. While you are doing investigations, can you find out if that lady on ebay ever sold the $500,000 Bowser cabinet pump. I am getting a raise next month, so maybe she will take an offer. Lol!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Well said Jim.

Thanks for providing this site for us.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved