Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17659 Sat Apr 07 2001 12:09 PM
G
gasguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Where do you get the photo album type books that hold vintage maps in individual sleeves?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#17660 Wed Apr 18 2001 04:49 AM
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by gasguy:
Where do you get the photo album type books that hold vintage maps in individual sleeves?

JMJ Products, 9911 Paramount Blvd., suite 408, Downey, CA 90240, is one source. Several of us in the Road Maps Collectors Assn. (www.roadmaps.org) use them for display. They are heavy duty archival vinyl, about 15x10 inches, available in three formats: single pocket for 3-panel maps, 2 pockets for a double panel and single panel, 2 pockets for extra wide maps, and 3 pockets for regular single panel maps. They also sell and album cover. I personally just use the inserts, and store them flat in a plastic storage box. I haven't ordered in about two years, so the prices may be old, but the inserts sold for $8 per package of 10 of same style, and the album with two packages of inserts was $29. E-mail them at JMJpro@aol.com.

#17661 Tue Apr 24 2001 03:40 AM
J
J
There is an inexpensive alternative. I use regular page protectors for 3 ring notebooks. They are for 8 1/2 by 11 sheets so I take a pencil type soldering iron and "tack" the protector at 1 inch intervals. That way I can get two maps per page or accomodate one of any width without having it slide sideways back and forth. sure cuts the cost down - and saves them in good condition.

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved