Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Vote in this poll to add your opinion if For Sale items should have a requirement to be priced when they are posted. Vote and you'll get to see the results. Voting open until March 31, 2010.

End result: "Every For Sale item must have a price" = 69% in favor

For Sale Prices
single choice
Every For Sale item must have a price (69%, 95 Votes)
OK for best offer or auction style pricing if it ends on a specific date/time (15%, 21 Votes)
No pricing requirements for non-auction items (15%, 21 Votes)
Total Votes: 137
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Last edited by Oldgas; Tue May 11 2010 07:18 PM. Reason: Add poll result for those not logged in

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah. I like know the price when I'm looking at something. That's so aggravating, there afraid to tell you the price because you might be shocked.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
basically don't know what is the best way, for sale or trade? how much is what your trading worth??? if you list a cash price maybe someone won't offer a trade?

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I feel if it's in the For Sale forum,it's FOR SALE !
if you need a appraisal maybe put it in another forum.
When I set up at shows I don't ask people to price my items,if your new to the hobby or need help that is fine.I still need help at times but it should be in another forum format.
Maybe a Appraisal Forum?
jim

leonardoil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I, at times do find it frustrating that items in the For Sale forum aren't priced. On the other hand, I like the small auctions that are here on Oldgas, looking back most if not all had a starting price. So I believe that meets "the letter of the law" for what I hope will be the new policy. Again, on another hand, I like to either post or look at items that are up for sell or trade. For the most part I would like to trade "extra" items I have for something new to add to my chaos,lol. Not sure how trading will/would work under this policy if it goes into effect? But I'm sure it could be worked out easily. Bottomline for me is "put a price on it" don't leave me guessing, I'm getting old and usually forget why I'........... what was I going on about????

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I may be missing the point with the words for sale or trade. If you are looking to trade something you want to know what some one will offer and your item may be more valuable to one person than another. If you are looking to flat sell something you should know the least you will take for item. There are times you may not know what to ask for an item because there are a broad range of unrealistic prices out there.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
As much as I agree that items should be priced, I dont think it should be mandated. There are times when I dont price things, because I feel only the serious people should know, and not the tire kickers. 99 percent of the time, I price the things I have for sale. I believe that items listed with a price have a better chance of selling.

I vote leave it as it is.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Some sites take it a step further and prohibit responding in the for sale ads with comments like "nice pump", or "great item wish I could own it". They ask that you respond to the ad via email or PM to conserve space.

Member #163
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I always comment to pumps,globes or cans that are nice. In my eyes that is a little too far smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
The For Sale or Trade Guidelines already prohibit replies to a For Sale item that are critical or off-topic. Questions or compliments are welcome under the guidelines.

The moderators will have to consider all the issues including the "for trade" option when the voting is over. I feel we should accommodate those who wish to trade in some way.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I posted my comments on the other thread about this, but I gotta open my big mouth again. LOL. I think all items should be priced. If you're willing to trade, fine, but list the monetary amount you want to get for the item too. I also think auction style formats should be allowed. However, I think all bids should be visible to all bidders/potential bidders so that there isn't question as to whether or not the bids were legitimate. For me, price affects how interested I am in an item, therefore I want to know what the seller is looking to get before I contact them. Again, just my two cents!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF someone just wants trades only then they shouldnt have to price it. Also one thing that I like around here is for the most part the rules are pretty laxed. Jim and the other moderators do a good job in letting us work out most of our differences. I dont want to see us get bogged down with a bunch of rules that someone just has to keep up with. I think out of common courtesy you should list the price. In the long run it helps you and the buyer.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I don't think it should have to be priced, if I'm interested I will inquire about it, either I'll take it or I won't. I think it should stay the way it is.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
leave as is. its a great site please don;t bog it down with rules and more rules. I would think the moderators have enough to do . thanks.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I'm with seperating the wanting to trade section from the wanting to sell section.Give them each their own forum.
They both have their place,just not together and especially now if you we go to a "please state price" policy,which I'm for.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved