Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I usually put "make offer" because I do not want to chase away people by thinking it is too high, and then most of the time their offer is higher then I would have asked for it.

---> Sometimes I really do not know what it is worth, and any offer is what I end up taking.

------> Sometimes there offer is lower then what I know it is worth on ebay but I do not care because I consider it sold to a member of oldgas – last time I did this was with an original Ottawa Visible Glass Cylinder in mint shape – sold it for like 300 or something on here – on ebay it would have gone for what – 500+?

---------> But then again, when I see something that says "make offer" I think they probably want to freaking much for it so I pass.

I am with Ryan. And I don't like change anyway...

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

P.S. I do not price anything at my garage sales either - I tell them make an offer - what is it worth to you to take it.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leave it as is. you can please some of the people some of the time,but ya cant please all of the people all of the time!if you dont want to call cause an item doesnt have a price,thats up to you.if i call and get it dont be mad at me or oldgas.jmho

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well said there Mick smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe a detailed explanation of proper Etiquette is needed, instead of forced RULES?
You wouldn't want to sit and eat with someone who has disgusting table manners would you?

I think getting "slammed" to page three, 1 or 2 hrs after posting is more of a concern than a price.
There is no telling how many times I have seen 5 or more posts from one person selling 5 or more items throw everybody to the next page. Then if someone else comes along and does the same thing, the first page is full of two peoples ads.
That, in my opinion , is improper use.

Maybe a list of proper Etiquette needs to be derrived from this post?
Besides if I have to ask the cost, I can't afford it..no biggie.
It won't kill me not to have it and if it did I wouldn't be able to take it with me anyway.

Just an 'ol computer guys 1-9/10ths cents worth.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I definitely think that we DO NOT need to add more forums to separate for sale, trade or auction type listings. That just makes more work for the moderators, and more different categories for me/us to check everyday.

Online Content
There are some very good points that were posted!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just keep it simple, not so complicated, Every one should just use common sense when posting some thing for sale here. But I guess that's why were discussing this and wasting time.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
We are debating this after our opinions have been posted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keep it as is

D
D
My humble opinion is I'd rather see a price. I'm a bit of a rube when it comes to a lot of this stuff. If I see something I want and I figure it's worth 100 bucks, but it's something rare, that I'm ignorant on, I don't want to offer a guy 100 if it's worth 2000 and look like a jerk. You guys know more about this than me, but I'm having a lot of fun collecting and don't want to look like I'm insulting someone.

THANKS!

DD

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't think it should be mandated that items be priced......but if an item isn't priced I probably won't call.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
No need for rules on to price or not to price.

My personal opinion: ALWAYS price the item....if the seller doesn't know the value, research it.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
We appreciate your comments as well as the votes. Always better to listen to multiple perspectives before making a decision.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think I'm going to agree with Tara Worsham , leave it as it is . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am up in the air on this one. I try not to ask if there is no price. BUT my vote is up for sale if someone wants to make a reasonable offer. I have an idea what my vote is worth, but please make me a suprising offer.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved