Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just got this email from ebay & it appears they are finally addressing the moumental problem of people selling repos as originals.........If you see anybody trying to sell a repo as an original post it here & i will report it.......

Dear road-relics

You are an active eBay member, with a history of positive interaction with your trading partners and Trust & Safety. We'd like to thank you for your interest in maintaining and improving the marketplace.

We have developed a new tool called Enhanced Member Reporting (EMR) that makes it easier for you to report listings that violate eBay policies. When you submit a report using this tool, your report will be given very high priority for review and will reduce previous delays you may have experienced.

We have enabled this tool on your account. Now, when you are logged in to eBay with the above ID, use the "Report this item" link at the bottom of any listing, and you will automatically be presented with the new reporting tool. We have found that the tool is very easy to use, but if you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please let us know by responding to this message

Based on your previous experience it appears that you have extensive knowledge in the area of antique signs.

Please reply to this email with any specific brands, types of items, or other categories that you consider yourself an expert in. This will ensure that your reports in those areas are given high priority as well.

Best regards,

eBay's Enhanced Member Reporting

-- Please note --
The Enhanced Member Reporting (EMR) tool is still in its test phase and access is limited. We ask that you not share access to the tool with others at this time. Abuse of this tool in a pattern of unfairly "targeting" items that are not in violation of eBay policies could result, at a minimum, in removal from the Enhanced Member Reporting program

Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Apr 01 2010 05:30 PM. Reason: Removed the name and email of the eBay employee at their request
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEY THAT IS GREAT NEWS...HOPE IT PANS OUT....KEEPING SELLERS HONEST(?) AND BUYERS WITH THEIR WITS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A few weeks ago I got tired of all the compalining about repro's on EBAY. I put a listing on there saying I would direct the highest bidder to www.oldgas.com for a professional opinion on a sign you are thinking about bidding on. I mentioned a few well known brands. My listing was pulled and they listed the reasons why. Afterward they sent me a email asking if I understood why they pulled it, and asked me to take a survey. I laid into them for pulling my ad which was helping people while they let others keep ads on defrauding others by selling reproduced items as old.
I thought about putting another listing on there worded a little differant but remembered my wifes famous words. "PICK YOUR BATTLES"

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that`s `a fantastic news!!! looks like we might be making some headway on this serions problem in our industry,, appreciate all you have done to help on this problem--keep us informed on how its prgressing,,txs road-relics and hiilside..alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is great news..... Please keep us updated on any progress.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
it is great news however i will need some help finding these repos as i don'r surf ebay much....so if you spot any repos being represented as original please post it here & we'll see how ebay handles it......I am going to email ebay telling them what blog i am on & how there are a bunch of experts here & with your help i belive ebay may listen, however i will have to see this with my own eyes....

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Good deal about time!!!!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Well, I hope everyone on here ( oldgas.com ) respects the power that was or is being given by Ebay on reporting reproduction items. Please keep in mind everyone that just because you haven't seen the sign or item before dosesn't mean it didn't exist.It has always seemed to me that some guys ( not all guys)on this website have been pretty quick to give their opinion on whether or not the item is original or reproduction.

"I don't think there is anyone that can know everything there is know about anything. " Don't get me wrong, I think this site is an excellent way of communication re- items authenticity,,, everyone is doing a great job on that,,, just be careful please..

Just my opinion guys,,, be careful what you wish for..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree Wes 100%!!!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Don't worry Wes I will personnally make sure they are reproduction before i report them as such & usually its the same culprits that have been doing it for years....If you read their email, this is a test run & only a few are able to use this option......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will post a couple numbers for John Deere signs that were never originally made in this size, tin or porcelain...

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
What do you guys think of the Atlantic outboard sign that they have for sale also?

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i have had many of the real J-D signs & your right MM they are much bigger & i have also seen many of these small J-D signs & they are 100% repo......The other Atlantic & Socony signs he has listed look like repos & i am sure the socony is but not 100% sure about the Atlantic........ he does have a couple of very nice original signs including an Oliver, however he has the original signs priced way up there........

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, you can start with cosasviejasmex and all the ***** he puts on ebay! Heres a typical one--ebay # 320511322231

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I just made 3 $18.00 up $19.25 offers on the lovely things. Maybe he needs more offers? Anyone

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've tried that offer thing on his auctions and he has it set where it automatically rejects your bid, unless it hits his preset level and then it automatically accepts it. I wonder if he even looks at those cheap offers? I hope so, maybe he'll realize that some of us are on to him!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great News......

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved