Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
JACK I WENT TO YOUR SITE AND TRIED TO UNDERSTAND AS BEST AS I COULD,SOME OF IT WAS HARD TO READ,THE INSTALL DIRECTIONS FOR CURVED AD GLASS ON TOKE 39,MY QUESTION :IS THERE SOME TYPE OF MAKE SHIFT TOOL I CAN USE AROUND MY GARAGE?? ,THE NEW RUBBER,DO I ATTACH TO AD GLASS 1ST???? I CAN GET IT STARTED ,BUT THEN I GET STUCK??? frown IM NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT?? ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREAT FOR THIS WINDOW & AD GLASS INSTALL! THANKS

Last edited by diesel; Tue Mar 30 2010 01:10 PM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is too funny....I just posted about this yesterday after breaking one of my windows...Pardon my french but what a BITCH!
Two guys on here had some great advice that worked! Chrisbowers putty knife trick combined with Marty's rope trick did the job. Take a look at the "HELP!!" post I made yesterday to get the info. If you have any questions email me. I just put my glass in this morning so it's still fresh in mind.

Take care,
Joe

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Glad to be of service Joe. I think I just about tore my fingertips raw getting my window glass in.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
DID NOT SEE YOUR HELP POST THE OTHER DAY! OK,SWEET,SO THE ROPE SOUNDS LIKE THAT MAKES PERFECT SINCE!I THINK THE COMBO OF ALL THOSE POSTS SHOULD DO IT! THANKS AGAIN!

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Joe'

Weren't you working with full size flat window glass? Smaller curved ad glass is a doifferent animal!!Particularly if the sheet metal is bent in the slightest.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes I was installing the flat windows for the doors on my short 39. But it sounds like Chris is doing both the door windows and ad glass.

- Chris in case you didn't notice the advise on my post was for door windows not the ad glass, Sorry for any confusion. Ad glass I don't have to deal with on this Tok.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The reason I pointed out the difference between installing flat window glass and smaller curved ad glass using RB 102 is that the rubber can handle a SMALL bend in the sheet metal on the larger flat glass while it cannot do so on the smaller curved ad glass.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OLD IRON, THAT'S WHAT I HAVE IS RB102 FOR ALL THE GLASS ON TOKE,THAT WILL WORK RIGHT ???FOR AD GLASS????
TAPING IT MAKES SINCE NOW,BECAUSE IT KEPT COMING OFF,WHEN I WOULD FORM IT AROUND THE AD GLASS ! THE STRING TRICK,WILL IT WORK FOR AD GLASS?

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris,

RB102 will work fine with ad glass,IF THE OPENING IS STRAIGHT!!Try this;put the ad glass up to the opening and look at the sheet metal and realize that the rubber cannot adjust for very much.

If you have to deal with any variation at all,work on your sheet metal.In my experience,there are no installation tricks that will account for warped panels.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
THAT MAKES SINCE! I'LL TELL YOU,I WILL NEVER BUY A PUMP WITH QUESTIONABLE SKINS AGAIN,OR ANYMORE COMPUTER PUMPS FOR THAT MATTER,"TO RESTORE"ANYWAYS AFTER I PUT A MS 80 SCRIPT TOP UNDER MY BELT,IM OFF TO THE RACES on a clock face hunt in Texas! actually i have one more toke 39 w/ad glass to go get,but its for sale im not touching it!lol by the way old iron is the original ad glass in a toke worth much,it says regular!

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The ad glass isn't worth mutch of anything unless they are all there and the pump is in displayable condition as an unrestored pump.

You might want to go back and review a topic on displaying unrestored pumps.Interesting thoughts there.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved