Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: eshaver
I think I'm going to agree with Tara Worsham , leave it as it is . Ed Shaver

Problem...I vote that there MUST be a price. So, that would mean that you disagree with me. wink

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Originally Posted By: Double D
My humble opinion is I'd rather see a price. I'm a bit of a rube when it comes to a lot of this stuff. If I see something I want and I figure it's worth 100 bucks, but it's something rare, that I'm ignorant on, I don't want to offer a guy 100 if it's worth 2000 and look like a jerk. You guys know more about this than me, but I'm having a lot of fun collecting and don't want to look like I'm insulting someone.

THANKS!

DD

This is how I feel on here, but should add that I never pursue a purchase on anything if the seller has not listed a price. I have bought 3 cars in 2 years and looked at hundreds of ads online and I never called or emailed one that didnt list a price. Its a waste of my time and maybe the sellers. I also think that if a price is listed, it eliminates or at least reduces the so-called "tire kickers" As far as the "policy" here, it wont effect me because I just dont pursue anything without a price. I think sellers would benefit if a price was listed.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi-My remarks that started this debate-Lots of great opinions and ideas-I think that anyone who posts without prices should have gotten the hint-It they do not have prices its to their disadvantage-One of the things I like about this great site is that there are not a great pile of rules- There are some times- like the Great collection that John Jarvis posted- that it would be impossible to list all the prices if it was required--- I for one hate to see a pile of stuff at a show or swap meet with no prices- most of the time I just pass on by-
MY Vote Now would be to strongly suggest for sale items be priced but not required- The poster is the one that suffers the most- thanks Don

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: 5 quart
MY Vote Now would be to strongly suggest for sale items be priced but not required- The poster is the one that suffers the most- thanks Don

I agree with Don on this 100%!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
I think Don hit the nail on the head with this. The seller who doesn't price his item automatically suffers by limiting his business to only those who make the effort to ask, many potential buyers don't ask.

Many of the sellers who don't price appear to be new to the hobby. Some don't have a clue and don't want to spend time to research. In my opinion, we would send them away if we had a strict "must price" rule.

I'll discuss these issues with the other moderators. A big thanks for all the opinion votes and comments.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Don....leave as is....

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved