Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#184444 Sat Apr 24 2010 01:20 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Can somebody give the timeline or close to it for Barnsdall Oil. Years in operation and who bought it out and when?

Randy smirk

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Hy-Flash 72 #184451 Sat Apr 24 2010 02:14 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Contact my father, Jim Patton Sr. Probably no one better to get accurate, detailed Barnsdall information from.

jpatton@cableone.net
918-273-0589 (his home #)

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Hy-Flash 72 #184454 Sat Apr 24 2010 02:19 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks I will do that...

I'm just looking for a time line on their history. I have Barnsdall rocker can I want to put on ebay and I was wondering about the company.

Randy smile

Hy-Flash 72 #184484 Sat Apr 24 2010 08:00 PM
G
G
HISTORY OF BARNSDALL B SQUARE

T. N. Barnsdall, the world's FIRST REFINER was a close friend of Osage Chief James Bigheart and named the current community of Barnsdall "Bigheart" to honor his Native American comrade. Later the namewas changed to "Barnsdall" which still proudly bears the name today and T. N. Barnsdall worked with and employed some of the legendaryOILMEN of this state.
When he finally sold Barnsdall Oil Company, it became the core of what was to become CITIES SERVICE OIL COMPANY!
The riverboat "T. N. Barnsdall" launched in 1890, was named in his honor. The riverboat "T. N. Barnsdall" was a wooden hull sternwheeler which operated from 1890 until 1904 when it was renamed "Royal"!
Mr.Barnsdall was also the owner of
BARECO(BArnsdallREfineingCOmpany) During the 1920’s oil boom, the town was all oil fever and it grew to a estimate of 2,000. Barnsdall was in the Ripley's “Believe it or Not” for the World’s only main street oil well. That’s right,
the town has an oil well right in the middle of Main Street. "Theodore N. Barnsdall was a pioneer in the development of petroleum in Oklahoma.!!"

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved