Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Well I guess I'm wrong on the prices. Good to see them come down to reality.
Kevin you can put longnecks in any "slant shelf" Coke machine.
you can adjust the depth of the shelves for the bottle height.
they roll down the slant as one is vended.
The ones limited to the short Coke bottles have the honeycomb round drum(Vendo 39) that limits the depth of the bottle.
Yes wax that bad boy and the button and dont touch any of the paint-you cant improve nice originals and patina.

Mark

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I have seen a red/white original 81 at a restorers place.
SWORE it had been restored. It had been bought and kept in A/C ever since they got it. polished and waxed often..
It was selling in late 90's for $2800.

Where you going to find another???

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Heres a ebay auction of a Nice 81A that recently sold on ebay

$9.00 shy of $2,000

81 is king pin of the soda machines a nice one will bring good money, a correctly restored one will still bring good money. where as most of the others have tanked due to the economy like a V39, V110, C51 etc.

I have a buyer that buys complete unrestored Vendo 81s, doesnt matter on condition as long as its complete and he pays $1,500.00 for them all day long.

Joey

Last edited by coke_and_stuff; Fri Jul 09 2010 09:34 AM.
P
P
Yes the market has been soft on them, but is coming back, I get 1800-2000 for unrestored 81's and not in this nice of condition, the Real nice originals like this will command higher prices to the right buyer, a really Really nice 81b sold at the chicago show in teh parking lot for 3200 this year. at first glance you'd swear it was restored, but then could find some signs of original workmanship on the insides but it was a beauty. A well known soda machine collector had no problem shelling out the cash in front of me to the seller.

so it really comes down to how nice the machine is and how many chances you have to buy one..

Good luck on the auction!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Different strokes for different folks! Kind of like gas pumps or anything else, objects often have many different values based on a lot of different conditions! I appreciate everyones help and hopefully it works out to where I'm able to buy it! We have to include the dreaded "SHIPPING" into any equation , in order to figure the value. Its always worth more when the auction is in your own backyard! Thanks guys!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
WHAT IS A NICE ORIGINAL 81 WORTH VERSUS A RESTORED 81? GREAT QUESTION!NICE ORIGINALS ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.I THINK WE WILL ALL AGREE ON THAT.NICE CLEAN ORIGINAL ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN RECONDITIONED,RESTORED,ETC.HAS A SELECT GROUP OF BUYERS THAT WILL PAY A PREMIUM IF ITS WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.ITS ONLY ORIGINAL ONE TIME!NICE MACHINES WILL STILL BRING THAT PREMIUM PRICE.JUST HAVE TO FIND THAT BUYER!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Coheley,
Do you the contact info for the $1200 Jacobs? That sounds like something I would like to pursue if you are not.
Hemi

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
Wheres the auction at? And does it run?

J
J
I just bought a vendo 81A. I noticed that the U/L symbol on the metal serial number tag has been removed. Any idea what this means ?

Last edited by jamman; Sun Oct 31 2010 03:25 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved