Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I got an email from John Perrior of England asking if I knew anything about these Shell postcards. Thought some of you might be able to provide some answers about these advertising cards. Have you seen them before, what do you know, etc, etc, etc...?

Here's Johns email.

"Hi, sorry for the delay. I've borrowed a scanner, mine's knackered (quaint English term meaning f****d) to send you images of Set 1. Set of 10 cards I have loose plus a sealed envelope set. There were 10 sets of 10, 100 in all, I have a whole lot of them - many duplicates - but I don't have the complete series. I would appreciate any comments or information. Cheers, John."

[This message has been edited by the poor mans museum (edited 04-03-2006).]

C Cragg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Look at the Shell emblem on the envelope. When did Shell switch to that emblem?
They look like a retro advertising program to me, something published in the 1980s using old pictures.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
J
J
Hi John Perrior here.I am indebted to Curt at poormansmuseum for posting these images. Link this with my original question for the information I have at present. These are postcard repros of advertising posters Shell used in the 1930's. I am told that Shell commissioned them in the 1990's from a South London printers but then cancelled the contract. The cards were supposed to have been destroyed. I can't confirm this because I can't find any reference to them anywhere. I've searched the web and other sources and it's as if they never existed, but I've got a whole load of them. If anyone is going to know anything about them it's going to be one of you guys at Oldgas. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, John

[This message has been edited by johnnybgoode (edited 04-04-2006).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved