Next Thread
Print Thread
#208910 Thu Oct 21 2010 01:11 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Hi everyone,,I took a pretty good load of signs and ect. to Chickasha this last week end. I sold out every thing, but had to price signs about 30% less than a couple of years ago. Most stuff I had was not high end, so maybe the better stuff is holding its value better. Had very nice weather for the meet, but is sad to see the decline in vendors. this used to be a huge meet, now probably about a third what it was 10 years ago.

R D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW BUMMER, SEEMS LIKE UP THIS WAY IN ILLINOIS ITS GETTING TO BE A HOT ITEM, SIGN COLLECTING THAT IS! NICE WORK ON THE BIG SALES, WOULDN'T BY CHANCE HAVE ANY MOBILGAS SHIELD SIGNS 54X54

LUCKY'S LONESTAR GAS & OIL

««Looking for the Sinclair Mobiline and Pennsylvania Motor Oil Vertical Signs
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I attended Chickasha for the first time this year. We have always heard what a great show this was and what great stuff used to turn up there. I always heard it was a great swat meet for strictly pre war cars and parts, similar to Hershey. I was there early Friday morning and was very disappointed at the swap meet, it was just another run of the mill auto parts swap meet with you typical junk. After speaking to a few vendors they told me the show is only a shade of what it used to be, it was disappointing to see.

As for signs, I didn’t see any thing worth even asking about. Most signs I saw were rough or common or both, it’s tough to sell common sign that are rough. Just my 2 cents…..

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
gmstuff.... The Pre-War Chickasha Swap meet is always in the spring. And yes, the fall meet has been dwindling it seems like every year.

Philip #208981 Thu Oct 21 2010 08:06 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Just to add to Phillip's post.

Pre-War is mid March and Chickasha Spring is early May. Spring in early may is completely worthless and not as good as fall. Pre-War is not as large but you have a much better chance of finding petrolania/automobilia at this show.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

okoil1 #209615 Tue Oct 26 2010 06:46 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D

The Pre-War meet (NOT the Chickasha meet) has been coming on strong in the last couple of years and is now the premier meet of the region.

The Pre-War meet is in the community building and not off in the side fields like the Chickasha meet. Much better facilities and more vendors... The Chickasha meet had some sort of dispute about wheelchair access and had been banished to the side field which pretty much slowly killed the meet over the last several years.

The Pre-War meet (started in 1969 by Joe Ersland) is picking up where the Chickasha Meet has left off... I'd suggest giving it a try.

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved