Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A local collector to me in massahusetts has started a large inventory auction on ebay last night with gas oil signs clocks toys. I am going to be respectable in my posting. I have been on ebay for many years but have never seen prices jump to rediculous amounts in less than 18 hours from the start of an auction. for the vets they already know but for the novice or beginner gas oil collectors please be aware that prices and bids on ebay are not always honest. And this really stinks for the vast majority of us are 100% honest with all aspects of ebay, and others abuse it which to me should be a criminal offense FRAUD. please if others feel my irritation i know we have spoken about this before but later in the auctions lets nip this in the bud and let everybody know early on and spread the word. Schill Schill Schill.
and if the gentleman is following posts on Primarily Pet. PM me and i would be happy to speak or have a coffee with you I wont hide behind the computer.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DID SOMEBODY SAY SCHILL? I KNEW WHERE YOU WERE GOING AFTER THE 3RD SENTENCE....NOT GOOD.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I retracted my simple response because within 3 minutes of posting I recieved a Threatening phone call left on my answering machine, It scared the ***** out of my kids that were home. If that isn't strange!

Last edited by KZ1000; Fri Dec 03 2010 03:50 PM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hate shill bidders! If you knew for sure you could report it to ebay.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
I retracted my simple response because within 3 minutes of posting I recieved a Threatening phone call left on my answering machine, It scared the ***** out of my kids that were home. If that isn't strange!

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS...SOMEBODY IS ACTUALLY WATCHING US!?
AND THAT SAME SOMEBODY HAS YOUR PHONE NUMBER? THAT'S CREEPY!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Let's be sure of a serious accusation before pointing out a violator. I detest shill bidding as all of you do. But knowing for sure and being suspicious are two different things.

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Dec 03 2010 06:17 PM.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was kicked off this site for exposing this a couple years ago. Yea, I may have gotten carried away a little, but we all know the truth. I keep myself toned down now, but it is what it is. No way around it. I believe today, buyers are more aware than ever, so let the items get run up, because not many will get the final bid from a legit bidder to "meet reserve". These actions do hurt the hobby and give it a black eye for sure. Just sayin......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If I could only get half the amount of bids on my auctions in 7 days that he gets in 1 day I would be a very happy seller.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
E
E
In case some of you don't know...shill bidding on ebay is actually a pretty risky and difficult thing to do (and get away with) these days. Ebay has tons of ways of catching it from IP addresses to geographic tracking and computer log ins....and on and on. It is still possible to do one time, with one person, but to do it on any kind of semi-regular basis would be the kiss of death. To get caught is now an instant life-ban from selling on ebay. And with the new regulations required to sell on ebay these days, SSN, bank account, etc.....it's just about impossible for an individual to get kicked off and get back on. So, for those who scream shill....keep in mind, it's a lot easier to scream shill, than it is to do it. Check out ebaystealth.com if you want to learn more about stuff like this.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: ebaygenious
In case some of you don't know...shill bidding on ebay is actually a pretty risky and difficult thing to do (and get away with) these days. Ebay has tons of ways of catching it from IP addresses to geographic tracking and computer log ins....and on and on. It is still possible to do one time, with one person, but to do it on any kind of semi-regular basis would be the kiss of death. To get caught is now an instant life-ban from selling on ebay. And with the new regulations required to sell on ebay these days, SSN, bank account, etc.....it's just about impossible for an individual to get kicked off and get back on. So, for those who scream shill....keep in mind, it's a lot easier to scream shill, than it is to do it. Check out ebaystealth.com if you want to learn more about stuff like this.

wow never heard of this ebay stealth..........i don't understand your point..you say it very difficult to get away with schilling, then you give us ebay stealth which lets you create 1000's of identies with friends computers all over the place virtually making it impossible for ebay to catch you or do anything about it, guaranteed.......

it is very easy check & come to your own conclusions if somebody is schilling........just go to the auction, click on the # of bids, then click on the bidders name & it will bring you to a page that tells you the bid activity percentage with that particular seller & even then you can keep your percentages low with these 1000's of names you can create on ebay & paypal.............

E
E
Not quite......even the users on ebay stealth will tell you that shill bidding can't be done these days.......so...to spell it out for you...I'd bet 10 to one that the person who is being accused of shilling...is not.....is that clear enough for you??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
no, its not all clear at all,i must have missed the part where they say ......"even the users on eBay stealth will tell you that shill bidding can't be done these days"..
& as a matter of fact i am really confused now..ebaystealth tells you how to create & i quote......

"EBay Stealth is a complete 100% guaranteed to work no bull guide to creating new unlinkable fully anonymous eBay and PayPal identities using fully legal methods."

sounds like you know this ebay stealth well... where does it say schill bidding can't be done these days ??? i am sure they are not promoting schill bidding as its illegal, however i didn't see anything about not doing it & it appears that creating all these accounts anonymously is for some other reason than listing violations ????.....i'm just curious as to why you would need all these fake names, fake social security numbers , credit cards in anybodys name & be fully anonymous, etc. etc. etc. ???

here are a few more things they say & are direct quotes from ebay stealth.......

"Of course anyone can show you how to make a thousand accounts, but what good are they if you get suspended again and again. I outline exact step-by-step methods to take in order to keep your new anonymous accounts working. I show you what to do after creating your new account to gather feedback, stay under the radar, and to sell the things you sold before with less chance of being limited or suspended again"

"Learn to be Fully Anonymous You will learn how to cloak your online presence, not only for eBay but for anywhere else you might go online"

"Stay Under the Radar I give you tips and techniques you can use to stay under the radar - minimizing your chances of getting suspended again."

E
E
You're confusing the AD the guy posts there with the people that post on there. Read it for a week or so and maybe you'll get it...but probably not. I did not mean to endorse the guys ad...the people that post on there are just people who, most of them, know ebay ins and outs pretty well...To really spell it out for you...the guy posting the ad, is pretty much saying anything he can to sell you his product...but maybe you aren't savy enough to get that...or maybe I didn't make myself clear enough the first time........if your "simpleton" approach to identifying shill bidding is all it took...well...I can't even find word for that.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
oh i love it, now comes the name calling & belittling----you sure are getting worked up about this specific thread & it being your first post , WOW ---LOL-- do you have something to gain here????

...ok , i just love your wording & i quote again "the guy posting the ad, is pretty much saying anything he can to sell you his product"

what happened, in your last post you said & i quote "even the users on eBay stealth will tell you that shill bidding can't be done these days" , really where do they say this in their ad??..

..are you saying you can't schill bid, BUT, you can create a 1000 different names , fake social secuity #'s, fake address's. fake names on credit cards & be completely anyomous, however don't try & schill bid LOL LOL, Why bother with all the fakeness then ??

oh, by the way i'm not confusuing the ad with the customers quotes....even i can get that straight

you sure like to mis-quote, use words like pretty much, pretty well & put words in other peoples mouths....looks like your a pro at double talk,
trying to confuse & muddle things up however you won't confuse me buddy, its all in black & white

ok buddy check this out.THERE IS SCHILLING ON EBAY & ITS RAMPANT, OK. DO YOU GOT IT NOW!!...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to fiqure that out... don't try & use your lines like pretty much,pretty well & put words in others mouth because you won't fool me & others..its happening OK.....i have not & won't accuse anybody of it, none of my business, however it happens , OK

By the way, whats your ebay name & how many feedback do you have??? you registered yesterday with no information at all.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ebaygenious, SO easy to hide behind an Anonymous User name & say anything you want.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved