Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#217792 Wed Dec 08 2010 05:21 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i bought 2 dino sinclair pump signs on ebay 2 days ago item number 140476514204 and then today i see this on ebay
140487729446, have contacted seller but no response today, haven't paid yet was going to pay after midnight tonight when check hits the bank. Any hel would be appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess I dont understand the situation....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i bought the pump plates 2 days ago and now the same exact listing is back on there. i'm thinking it is a scam because the listing and pictures are exactly the same, one of them is not right. and with them both being exasct how do i know what i'm, getting now?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They look like the same pump plates to me. I would want to see a picture of the two pump plates I was supposed to be getting before I paid for them. It is possible they have more than two as the Dino pump plates are not that rare. I have 4-5 myself.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're right - the pictures are identical between both auctions. It would also bother me that both signs are not shown in the listing - just one of them. It's a little scary to pay top dollar for a sign and not see it first.

I agree something's wrong here -- you own that sign that's pictured, and they should not be selling it again. I would continue to try and contact the seller about the matter before paying.

Wes

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you pay via Paypal and the ones you get are not the ones you think you bought, you can open a dispute and the money will be returned to you after you have shipped them back. Paypal will support the buyer....So you are covered

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gonna revise what I said earlier...I always get suspicious when they use the word 'vintage'.
Exactly what does vintage mean?
Always good to ask questions before you buy, not after. Just sayin.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd WALK away, seller has too many REPO signs & is asking for Good money on some.
What's the worst that can happen, ebay slap your hand.

1970mach #217805 Wed Dec 08 2010 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After reading some of the "horror stories" that have been shared lately, I now use my credit card as my main paypal source. If there is a problem, my credit card company will not hesitate to refund my money. Where paypal will want me to work out payment details from the seller, before they credit me my money back. Plus, if it is fraud the credit card company has no fear about prosecuting to get their money back.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
thank you all, i'm gonna contact ebay and let them know about it i'm not payin for it, if they have more than one they should have pictured both , in different auctions. if I get in trouble with ebay then so be it, i can find stuff all over.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good advice on both sides.I too would be very cautious here,based on what you've shown.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Did you try to call seller?? - this is the quickest way to resolve problems- If you are not sure go to contact info on ebay site- enter sellers name and item #- should get phone #-- thanks Don

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
5 quart #218883 Mon Dec 13 2010 04:36 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
well after i thought about it some more, i got to thinking if they have more than a few plates they would have made another listing (given thier feedback score), so i decided they were phony on this one, here's my proof. i sent them a letter expaining that i knew about the 2 identical auctions with every thing the same except item number and that i was not paying for the item because i didn't know what i was getting. next i told them that if they filed a non- paying bidder claim on me that i would sue them. with the evidence of both auctions printed out with only differing item numbers. this is what i got back today.

Great Ebay'er - Smooth Transaction - Many Thanks!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ya I'll bet you sent him a picture like whats on your avatar
Right!! LoL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is absolutely hilarious, Allen! Great job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved