Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2195 Fri Aug 23 2002 11:57 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I am looking for information about the Service Station Equipment Company, Muskeegan, MI. A friend has a "tire flator" marked "ECO" and would like a little more information. He also mentioned the "John Wood Company.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#2196 Thu Aug 29 2002 08:19 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Daily127:

Your friend can completely restore his ECO Air Meter if he desires. Ron Scobie (www.gaspump.com) has tons of new parts for these units, and Jack Sim can help your friend with parts and information also (www.csrpub.com). Jack has quite a bit of information on these units at his web site - so you might want to read up first before you start the restoration.

I purchased parts from both of these gentlemen for my '98'. It came out looking better than the day it left the factory. Now I've got to restore my '97' model and I'll be all set. (Maybe this fall?)

As an added note - the pedestal units (the 98's) sell for over a grand in restored working condition. So take your time and do a good job.

Later! Jim

#2197 Thu Aug 29 2002 10:32 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
In my gas pump book I have a section on the history of the pump companies. One of the hardest things I came across when writing this section was the history of the Bennett Pump Co. Basically here is how it goes:
Bennett was formed in 1919, they were not in the pump business. In 1929 Service Station Equipment, Ltd. of Toronto purchased, Bennett, Shotwell and ECO (original name was Western Mfg.). In 1950 the SSE was dropped and they became a division of the John Wood Co. In 1964 Anthes Imperial Ltd. purchased controling interest in the Wood Co. 1968, Anthes merged with Molson Breweries. 1979, Bennett was sold to SATAM of Paris, France. 1984 became part of Compagnie Generale des Eaux of Paris. In 1990, a small group of investors purchased the company and returned ownership to Muskegon, Mich. where it all began. They are still in business, although they no longer make the ECO Tireflator.
Jack Sim www.crspub.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#2198 Fri Aug 30 2002 09:31 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I would also try Vic`s Place. He also has a lot of parts and supplies. I have had good luck with him. You can contact him at www.vicsplace.com. I have always been satisfied with my orders and speedy service that they provide. Hope this helps!!

TN Volunteer

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved