Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm not a globe guy. (thankfully or I even be more broke) But, I must admit this is a great thread! Thanks to all who have shared your photos as I would never get to see such beautiful and special looks at gas and oil history.

Lonnie, you are doing an outstanding job, I forgot how much I love looking at these photos.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: olddutchgas
Check out the close up on this Kerr McGee globe. A plane, car, and a covered wagon with a city / factory scene in the back ground, all pictured over the outline of the state of Oklahoma.

It turned up Ebay a few years back and I am not exactly sure who owns the globe today. Neat piece and the only one that I know of.

I'll try to round up a few more photos of transportation globes in the next few days. in the meantime if you have any photos to add please do so. Thanks!

Lonnie

WOW!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Bob I will double WOW that Sooner globe!! That has to be one of the best looking globes I have seen smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
yep that imperial with the eagle is the same one. nice

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a couple of photos I took at the 2008 Iowa Gas Show. The Tyreco globe is pretty scarce, I only know of a couple of them in collections.

The Hudson Transport is also an uncommon globe. The Regular and Ethyl versions turn up regualarily but the Hudson Transport version is a little tougher to come by.

I have a few more photos to post on this thread and we will be starting a new Globe of the Month after the first of the year.

Merry Christmas to all!

IMG_3954.JPG IMG_3957.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few more Airplane globes to brighten your Christmas Day. Merry Christmas everyone!

Lonnie & Aaron

IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a couple of more transportation related globes.

The Thoni Oil Company features a futuristic "Buck Rogers" type space ship.

The second one is from the Viking Oil Company which was out of Algona, Iowa. Very few globes feature sailing ships and I can't help but wonder what tie in a sailing ship would have with a company from Iowa?

I will see if I can find a few more photos and next week we will start a new topic for globe of the month.

We would like to wish everyone a safe, prosperous, and Happy New Year!

Lonnie & Aaron

IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0171.JPG

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved