Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
please show me any words in the discription that it says only gas oil related, Thanks

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Tankar #231423 Sun Feb 06 2011 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Tankar
please show me any words in the discription that it says only gas oil related, Thanks

I guess that would be my fault by not stating petro related only. I just assumed that everyone knew that there are two forums on this site...petro and non petro..

SO I guess let me say now...PETRO related curbsigns only.
Guess I need to also state...Curbsigns mounted in the frames, stands, bases.
I really didn't want this to turn into everyones 24", 30", signs without their stands.
Wanted to help all members on this site to show their petro related curbsigns in their stands/with bases to educated/inform the others if they have the correct stand/bases or what to look for to make their curbsigns correct.

Those are very nice ice cream sidewalk signs you posted, but really should have been posted in the non petro showcase.

again, my fault.

Sooooooo....lets get this show back on the road and see some more!

Last edited by texaspelican; Sun Feb 06 2011 03:09 PM.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have just added a new topic in non petro related showcase and stories. COTM non petro related curbsigns.

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231434&#Post231434

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Sorry, I guess I was posting my picture when discussion about non petro came up, please delete my post if the Coca-Cola offends anyone. Thanks

Last edited by bmclemore; Sun Feb 06 2011 03:31 PM.

Barry
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gas Stations sold Ice Cream, along with Coca Cola

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #231564 Sun Feb 06 2011 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Gas Stations sold Ice Cream, along with Coca Cola

Your right Rick. They also sold other items.

But lets keep it petro.

Paddy
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here are the only two curb signs in my collection that are currently in frames. They take up a lot of room, especially when you keep them in the kitchen like I do.

Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Some info on Sinclair curb signs;
This Gasoline sign is on a cast iron base that says Oils. It should probably be on a different base. The sign has four mounting holes in it;

This sign is on a base I believe was used by several different companies;

The sign only has two mounting holes in it. They do not appear to be spaced the same as on the bottom of the sign with 4 mount holes;

Here is a picture of a similar sign but it has 4 mount holes in it. Make sure you know what base you need if you are trying to put together a curb sign.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
This was going along so nicely with no bad comments like so often and then "someone" had to spoil it with the Non Petro comment. Come on Tara, this is supposed to be fun and not so serious. YES, service stations dis sell Ice Cream and other products. Good job Paddy, keep it up

hotcidr #231929 Tue Feb 08 2011 12:53 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
thank you Raymond my friend...and yes I still have that curbsign that you brought to me at Seths auction 4 years ago...still enjoying it.

Paddy
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I had this for a long time, sold it, then bought it back. Bought it originally in Northwestern PA back in the mid 90's I think.

CircaDesigns Looking for early AMOCO and SUNOCO items.
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Here is my HC Lollipop. I am new to the Forum so I hope everthing gets uploaded properly. Sorry about the Red Sign Holders, I know they are supposed to be green but I still have not repainted the originals. A good friend of mine sold me the sign.

sign2.jpg

I am looking for Nice Condition Signs, Globes, Etc. from the Sinclair HC era and older for my Sinclair Station.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved