Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Feb 18 2011 07:59 PM. Reason: No offers to buy/sell are allowed on the Showcase forum
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
You may have seen my value post, but here it is after I made a frame for it.

Its in great shape, It has to be NOS, as it has a few creases, but looks like it was never used.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
DREW, WAS THAT SPACE EMPTY OR DID YOU HAVE TO COMPROMISE AND TAKE STUFF DOWN? LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR IT. NICE PIECE.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
confused...uh...guys, if it were all original in that condition, of course I wouldn't suggest repainting it, I'd clean it up like Kevin suggested...but it's NOT all original...someone repainted the lettering by hand...the lettering goes all the way down the side (see the two small holes on either side of the 'E' in 'GASOLINE'? Looking at the picture in Jack Sim's first gas pump book, page 109, it looks like those are for an ID tag, which isn't there)...now, that image is of a Bowser 99, and it looks like Tokheim's pump is a 97 - but it seems likely that Bowser would have used the same water transfer for both pumps, and the ID tag would have been in the same place on both pumps...

...I was wrong on the color of the lettering, it's white and not gold...but it's been repainted...Thornton Beroth has one of these in his museum, that's all original (still mounted on the original shipping pallet!), it's either a 99 or a 97...the lettering on that one is all original and 'still there' to the point where it could be used to make replacements...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Sun Feb 20 2011 08:50 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
DREW, WAS THAT SPACE EMPTY OR DID YOU HAVE TO COMPROMISE AND TAKE STUFF DOWN? LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR IT. NICE PIECE.

It just had the model t and a grills that are sitting on the floor. took them down, perfect fit. Was thinking about putting it inside, but I like it out there.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is Ford gas gauge stick I just picked up. My question has anybody heard of....CAMPECO Aviation Gasoline? It does not have location on it.

It says Atwater Kent Gasoline Measure.

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good looking stick. That is a brand and stick, I've don't ever remember seeing before.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved