Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242156 Mon Mar 21 2011 10:39 AM
baugie Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi:

Would someone have the correct Polly Gas green paint code?

thanks
Augie

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The correct Polly Paint is whatever color of green you like on your decals.

Have your paint supplier color-match to that color and your all set.

If you are buying our decals - ask us to provide you with color chips of the color(s) you might like when you order your decals and lenses. We will be happy to do so at no additional cost.

Any 'original code' we might provide will NOT match your lenses or decals as the old codes do not convert well into todays paint.

Or . . . if you have seen a painted pump somewhere else on this site, contact the owner and ask where they got their decals and the paint code for the color they used.

Later . . .

Jim

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Augster---

Take your door decal or door sign to a good paint distributor who can color match to it. You will be happy you did!! The guys who sell PPG paints--I have had good luck with a distributor near me.

Between suppliers, there is a slight variation between colors. Get your signage first and then get your paint.

Dave Folck

baugie Offline OP
OP Offline
good points made......buy decals/signage FIRST.....then match paint to decorations.

T-Way....you site shows that you are sold out of POLLY globes.

again thanks for the useful info.

Augie

Last edited by baugie; Mon Mar 21 2011 03:29 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Augie:

That's true - we are Sold Out of our Fantasy II Polly lenses. We still have numerous Wilshire/Polly decals available though.

We sold out our reproduction image of the original Polly lenses a couple of years ago. I decided not to re-make the original sytle at that time since another manufacturee was also making them. It just doesn't make sense to have multiple manufactures of these images. The demand is just not big enough.

But if I can help you anyway in the future - feel free to contact me.

Later . . .

Jim

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We have restored two Polly gas pumps each in a different color of green, which you can find them by searching on this site OR our FlickR account (the link is shown below). One was lime green and the other fluorescent. We hand-tinted both of them, so there is not a "paint code" associated with either, but at least this will get you started.

The bright lime green can use either Ditzler 45244, DuPont GS081K or 43073 to get you started.

The other paint scheme we used which matched perfectly to the lighter metallic green color of the Polly logo was a color from a 1978 Porsche Model 928. The color is called “Lindgrün Metallic” or “Lind-Grün Metallic”. I thought this color was not only striking, but a spot-on exact match to the colors on the lenses and decals.

Good luck with your restoration!

Last edited by Chad Haas; Wed Mar 30 2011 10:32 AM. Reason: Add URL

Chad Haas
Chief Gearhead
VAULT�
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Green Chad mentioned is a match to the lenses and decals Mike Slama sells.

They may - or may not - match the decals I sell.

As mentioned before, get your lenses and decals first, then get your paint.

Or if you already have your pump paint, you can send us a spray-out color sample of the color(s) you are using and we will color-match our decals to your color. There is no extra charge for this service.

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved