Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248253 Sun Apr 17 2011 09:10 AM
W
OP Offline
W
I am restoring a 766 that was a wreck when I bought it. Globe was missing ( one piece of the old globe where found inside, and it looked as though it had a Sinclair green outer band surrounding it). The ad glass was also broke, but enough was there to see it was Power X. I have new ad glass, (power X, super fuel). Would like to restore this correctly. SO, did they put globes on "power X " pumps that did not read power x? See also there are at least 3 different power x globes, some say over 100 octane, some have check marks on top, and some just say power x. I figure my pump is 1955 or so (ad glass is on the bottom of the window not top). Entire tank was painted red and I am going to redo it with white doors, red top and sides. I am also missing one of the large front/back doors and would like to find one and help on this would be great. Although its not original, I plan on powercoating the frame and panels. THanks for any help
Ed

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Can't remember where I came across this photo (so sorry for not giving proper credit). These are 966's but I think you'll the idea. If you have a 766 it is likely older than 1955, but really doesn't matter. As new products (marketing) came out, stations had to change along with them. But if the pumps were working why replace them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by DasFast1; Sun Apr 17 2011 10:15 AM.

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
DasFast1 #248266 Sun Apr 17 2011 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The first Power X globes were Power X The Super Fuel. Those replaced the ethyl globes. They later applied the X-Chemical decals as shown in the picture in the previous post.

Shortly after that in 1957 they came out with the Power X Over 100 globe. That was replaced by the Dino logo Power X globe in 1959. Dino Supreme replaced Power X in '61.

There were also a few, very few Power X Triple Check globes used from '56-'59.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved