Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#246760 Sun Apr 10 2011 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

...a barn pump from Springfield, IL that I've owned for over ten years...the first photo looks weird because I put two photos together to show the whole pump...

...perfect etched cylinder... still has the original red factory paint scheme (you can see where the Rapidayton 'scroll' decal was)...no broken castings...all of the access doors, latches are there and in great shape...

...the dome was missing when I got the pump, and I finally found a really clean original one that's nice and true...of course, it was repainted at some point, but is an original steel dome...

...I don't think you'll find a better unrestored example of this pump...far as I can tell, it's only missing four things: the hose (of course); the crank (I have an ancient hand-made replacement that came with the pump, that I will include); the conduit for the lights (easy enough fix - Jack Sim has detailed mechanical drawings of this pump and the light manifold could easily be replicated, it's just pipe, elbows and sockets); and something on the outlet hose (don't know what it's called, but pretty sure they're reproduced - look at the photos, you'll see what I mean)...even the BlackMerMaid ID tag on the rotary pump mechanism is in great shape!...just a beautiful unrestored pump...includes a 1926 dated Buckeye brass nozzle that came with the pump and is also in excellent conditon...

...delivery to Dixie Gas could be arranged...PM for more info...serious inquiries only, please...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Sun Apr 10 2011 03:43 PM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That's one sweet pump Gulfiend!

CircaDesigns Looking for early AMOCO and SUNOCO items.
M
M
Very nice pump

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Awesome pump in great shape. Will pass your ad on to someone that might be interested.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...thanks, that would be great!

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
BTT

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Is there a price ?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...pump is SOLD!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have 2 sets of markers like in 1st picture I'd sell.
db

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved