D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D

June 26th Gas Bash & Car Show

There are a few spaces still avalible.

xxx drive in.jpg
Last edited by Don Beaver; Tue May 24 2011 10:25 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
don:

If I didn't think it would cost me a grand in gas money - I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I've never been in your fair state and would love to visit sometime.

Later . . .

Jim

D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Jim, we look forward to you coming out some day! The press release has come out in a couple of the local papers.

Sunday, June 26 is the date to note for fans of great food, great cars and vintage petroliana.

Around 3,000 visitors are expected to converge on the Triple XXX Root Beer Restaurant in Issaquah, Washington.

They'll be celebrating the first-ever nostalgia swap meet and car show organized jointly by Vic's 66, the Everett-based supplier of gasoline memorabilia and game room collectables, and the Triple XXX Restaurant, the iconic drive-in.

Hundreds of muscle cars and hot-rods, coming from as far away as California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Canada, will jockey for space alongside show quality restored gasoline pumps, air meters and a host of other cool items from yesteryear – all against a backdrop of fine music and great traditional American food and drink.

Unrestored collectables will be bought, sold and traded, to be restored months later, decorating proud owners' man caves or themed restaurants. Bargains from a bygone age will be available in abundance – pumps, oilcans, signs and telephones – everything we remember from those road trips when we were kids! The gasoline will not, however, be 35 cents a gallon…

This will be a memorable family event; everyone will find have plenty to do, with a range of kid-friendly activities planned.

CEO of Vic's 66, Don Beaver said: "The Vic's team has worked hard to get this event on the calendar, and we're proud to be associated with the biggest event of its type in the Pacific Northwest. Come along and say ‘Hi’ to Cari and Kaelee, the girls from Vic's!"

For a number of years, Don organized the annual "Sea Bash" petroliana swap meet in Seattle, but for 2011, he has shifted up a gear to organize a full-on family event in the idyllic surroundings of Issaquah.

"The Triple XXX Restaurant was the obvious choice," he continued, "a great location with acres of car parking, a real hot-rod tradition, and a great menu."

Jose Encisco, owner of the Triple XXX Drive-In, the coolest eatery in town, added: "We're delighted to co-host this event. We've been welcoming classic, muscle car, and hot rod enthusiasts for years, and we serve up the kind of fare they come for. We're looking forward to a premier event on the June 26th."

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I'll be setting up with scads of junk/stuff that I've accumulated over the past 20+ years. Bring $$$$, it's still honored by me!!!

D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
June 26th is just a little over a week away and it looks like we will have a good turn out! Looking forward to seeing all of the local collectors.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wish I could come!

Scott Wright
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
1 week away....

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Show was a hit!! Sold lots of stuff & met some "new" collectors. Big "THANKS" to the Vics 66 crew!!!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PICTURES?

Scott Wright

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved