Next Thread
Print Thread
#256049 Wed May 25 2011 04:50 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Finished my oil can display rack in the basement and thought I'd share of picture of how it turned out. The Motorcraft shelves were bought at the MI gas show this weekend. The shelves were scratched and had minor rust, so I refinished them. When I saw it I thought it would make a nice set of shelves for my cans and bottles. I need some kind of barrier, maybe a wire or piece of plexiglass, to make sure the glass bottles don't fall off the top shelf. There's a six year old in the house. Although he's careful and respectful of dad's stuff, there's still risk :-)

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
jackofalltrades #256056 Wed May 25 2011 05:16 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I think the six your old has already been playing with your stuff. He turned your Phillip 66 can upside down! smile Nice Shelf.

JamesD #256078 Wed May 25 2011 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
J.O.A.T.:

Get yourself some 'Funtack' or 'Art Wax'. These are products that look like colored clay or wax and are used to adhere delicate objects to shelves in display settings like art galleries or museums.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/15..._Adhesive_.html

I got a package a few years ago at the 'Impulse Buy' display at a Lowe's checkout.

You just pinch off a piece - roll it around in your hands to warm it up - then stick it to the bottom of the object and then onto the shelf. Done.

Easily removable with a little force - but not noticable.

Later . . .

Jim

T-way #256135 Thu May 26 2011 03:57 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
T-way, thanks for the tip! So far the 6 year old could care less about the cans and bottles. Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved