Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a few pictures to post, but they're still on the camera - I'll get them tomorrow.

BUT... in the mean time, let's see who can start off this month's installment with some great FATW pics!

Let's see 'em!

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Outside architecture same as was in 1934. Elderly man bought it in 1980's & turned it into ice cream shop as it stands today. Just a few miles from my house.

001.JPG
1934 Mobil station

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
heres a little sign i saw and thought maybe wes would like to get it and put it up in the backyard for tara!!

hey!oldsmobiles burned gas didnt they?

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Thu Jun 09 2011 03:24 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The ice cream building is very cool.....so to speak!

........Dave
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
In Redwater Alberta. For the collector that has everything.

DSC01057.JPG

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
i found these salt and pepper shakers in Grand Junction Colorado.Note the "RED Horse".Both have farm scenes and were put out by GENERAL PETROLEUM which was owned by Mobil.They also had some side dishes that had farm scenes.Probably from the 30's or 40's.Over the years i have seen quite a few of these in antique stores,even the people that work there as a rule do nor realize they are Petro. related

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Spotted this in Niagara Falls Canada a couple of weeks ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is a great old D-X station that we ran across. I had known about it for a while (and posted it here before), but a few weeks ago, we were driving by and someone was there. It turns out that it's been in the guy's family for a couple of generations, and the owner was very nice and happy to let me look around. We had a very pleasant visit, and it was the second of this style D-X that I've been able to enter.

The station is very well preserved, and mostly original. The flat roof above the office windows has been "updated" in typical 1960s style, but it's otherwise untouched.

It turns out that even these bathrooms are original inside...

The half wall between the bays separated the lubrication bay (right) from the washing bay (left).

Belts

Around the corner behind the office

Back wall of lube bay

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
found this awhile back but i figured i'd share it. i tried to buy this wayne 60 off this guy who owns the farm it sits on but he still uses it. he also has a neptune 855 that has been crushed by a tree and a visible pump with original texaco pump plates, still uses all of them. i took pictures of the visible with my 35mm camera and eventually will get them developed and share them

these still sit in a little town and ive never been able to contact anyone to make an attempt to buy them.

this shell tokheim 39 disappeared a couple of weeks ago

this tokheim 300 sits behind an old station that they wont sell anything from behind.

a collector near me has this stack

Kyle DeKoning

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thankfully I can say I will never own a rail car tanker so I can scratch that off my must have list. But it is very cool all the same and I'll bet is even more impressive in person. We had to sand blast a 1920's passenger car last year and was that something.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A gas cart seen in an antique shop on our last trip to Cal.

Last edited by Jack R; Sat Jun 11 2011 11:15 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Air metter in a junkyard in indiana. He wont sell any of his "good" stuff. Such as his cuda behind it, his callengers, chargers, superbee, or really anything else thats old. I have a bunch of pics of his place ill have to post..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Saw this on the way back from Virginia into S. Maryland on 301 between the Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge and La Plata. Didn't have time to stop and ask but will next time I'm down that way. It's now a liquor store. What do you think on a possible date?

station1.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Came accross this G&B the other day, a couple miles from DodoGas's house, bet he's never seen it. My wife, God Bless Her, has an eye for pumps, spotted it at 40mph, behind a row of trees, the house, and a shed, she watches for globe bodies poking out above the rest of the junk and always spots pumps for me. The pump has been bolted to the same spot in an apple orchard since the 1940's, and I'm the first guy that has ever stopped by and asked about it, left my card as it wasn't for sale, yet! The owner said him and his brother shot the lenses out in the 50's, and his sons put a BB in the cylinder in the 70's, the tank underground is still half full.

Sorry about the lousy pic, taken on my iPhone.

Last edited by PogoGas.com; Sat Jun 18 2011 05:21 PM.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved