Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know anymore? Heres a Wayne 60 that brought $1825 in the raw. I have found it tough to get any deals lately!
Ebay # 160597807491

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Even with prices down, it's still a better investment than putting your money in a savings account.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
bkcraun
"I disagree, Model T prices haven't gone up in 20 years. It's a dieing market because people born after 1950 don't remember riding in them anymore."

As someone who watches the car market I disagree, 20 years ago a lot of model T's could be had for next to nothing, 30 years ago they were high. Prices have steadily climbed back up and there's a lot of interest in them again and by a lot of folks born after 1950. I think quality gas/oil pieces will remain high and gain in value at least for the next 20 to 30 years, after that I may not care.

Last edited by Neil Gerrard; Wed Jun 15 2011 02:45 PM.
M
M
I don't know what prices will do, but I'm still happy to search for a deal. Either something in good shape that can be sold, or something in rough shape that I can tinker on and fix up. For me it's not the money as much as the fact that I want to own so many neat things but only have room to keep a few at a time. There are a few things that I have found that I fall in love with and keep for my permanent collection. Prices may be high now but I don't think some of the older collectors will see the peak. People in their 20's like me may see the peak which I predict will be around 20 years after the gasoline engine is replaced with something new.

R
R
Matt has the right attitude,collect what you want.If it goes up in value great if not you still have something that you enjoy. I learned this when i started buying collector plates when I was much younger. I only bought the ones i like,they are decorating my apartment and honestly couldn't tell you the value of any of them.I just enjoy having them all. Rick

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I heard houses will drop more as the banks have been holding onto reprossed homes not selling them and when they do then it will tank more. I have two houses that were worth $250-350,000 now are worth around $100,000 or less and I do not know what to do with them, some people say sell but they could drop to $35,000 or go back up, I just rent them and hope I don't lose more. Signs can surprise you in this bad market, had a Chevron real nice sign, thought it would go $700 or so on ebay, it climbed to $3050, could not believe it as it was not a rare sign

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved