Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
well we got about three weeks till iowa gas.if you're a newbie and you want to see what its all about,this is the show.not just you're average local show,but the biggest show there is.we take over the holiday in in des moines,the whole parking lot,and the entire hotel for 3-4 days.this year is the 24th anniversary,and a good time is had by all!heres a few pics from last year http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=200071&page=1 and also if you have been,please post your favorite,buys,moments.one of my most memorable times last year,was sitting in the hotel bar,with texaspelican,db,and kevin frith talking about the old shows and some of the pumps that had come and gone.actually,there was a funnier moment,but if i told ya,i'd have to commit hari kari.LMAO!!anyways heres the pics from last year.you can bet i will have my camera charged up when db meets bella(kinda sounds like an old horror movie dont it?) again!!be there if you can!!and dont forget to wear your aloha shirt!!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sun Jul 10 2011 04:12 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I spent much of the day today getting old blue ready. She don't get out much anymore so had to do a little maintenance. She's ready now and so am I!!! I think I'll be in spaces 10,11 again this year along with Dennis and Todd Tessman. Got my registration in late but called Ron and he said he'd hold my spots.
Hope to see you all at The Greatest Show on Earth!!!
chris

Last edited by RARIN TO GO; Sun Jul 10 2011 04:35 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looking forward to a great time.Never been to a show,but have been collecting a long time.Retired and now have the freedom to hit the road and make some meets and why not start with the biggest and maybe the grandest.The best part,I have the blessings of my sweet wife!Hope to meet some of these "Old Gassers" Robert

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be there this year for my 3rd time, I can"t wait!!! I will be on the Hunt for some More Quarts for my collection.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I will going for my second time.Anybody from North Carolina or Virginia going to Iowa that would like to ride together to share in gas and hotel room let me know.
Thanks Tracey

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Racecop, our father and I will be in spaces 74-77 on the North side and will have around 50 pumps, signs, parts, cans, some common globes ect. Come see us you can't miss us.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Planning on going but Not really looking forward to it [weather usually Sucks].

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ahh... Come on!don't you want to see bella again??I know she wants to see you!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
DB...LOL!!!!...Just to you let you know the HOT and HUMID weather is in full force. In good old Husker land its still 85 degrees with 79% humity.

This will be my first trip to IOWA GAS. Really looking forward to it.

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am getting things cleaned and ready to sell. The weather is already hot and humid. Today's temp 94 and is suppose to be in the 90's all week with lots of humidity.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I will be there for my 16th year. Arriving on Tuesday and leaving when I run out of money. It was so hot last year my mini bike conked out from the heat. It won't be making the trip this year.

I'm looking for a decent original paint Tokheim 300 with either blue or yellow sides and top. Prefer no doors but otherwise complete. Will consider anything for the right (cheap) price. Anyone bringing one, let me know?

-Matt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
come visit us in DA SHADE!.spaces 27.28.and 29. Sit down and visit, cool down, have something to drink (soda, water and adult beverages) we always have chicken and biscuts.

We will have some pumps, globes, 2 restored coke machines, signs, etc...

Buy, trade, swap, sell, anything....even a goat!

db, started this several years ago. The offical group photo of Oldgas members attending has always taken place at DA SHADE! North side parking lot....12 Noon Thursday everyear since.

Hot? Humid? I have never broken a sweat at Iowa...always feels nice to me. Hotter here close to the Gulf coast.

see ya at 2011 Iowa Gas and Oil collectors convention and show.

Last edited by texaspelican; Sun Jul 10 2011 08:04 PM. Reason: God Bless America and our Soldiers, Marines, Airman, and Saliors...thank you...my fellow veterans.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm coming for sure and this time I'm bringing the Warden! She wants to see for herself, just what all this fuss is about! DB--you'll have to be sure and make it as I have told her all about you and some of your posts have her curiosity up!
If you see this homely old face in the crowd and theres a really good looking sweety hanging with him-- well don't be shy and step up and say "HI" to a couple of down to earth people from North Dakota!----KEVIN

The Friths resized.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Matching Cities Service shirts this year?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL--Don't know if I can talk her into it Paddy, but I'll try!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved