Next Thread
Print Thread
#26877 Sun Mar 14 2004 07:48 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I am going to my first show, Chip's, that I have heard nothing but rave reviews of this show!! I am not interested in selling anything (except maybe some cases of NOS metal quarts that I am burdened with) but my main reason for going is to buy a little and hopefully meet some you fellow oldgassers. What days would be the best to be there for this.
THANKS for your advice!
Sincerely,

Neal Dunn gpf

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Neal , me an ol Helga, Elden and his son Todd, Ivan and Lillian will be checking in on Wed night so when they open the gate on thursday Morning we will be hanging on it, ha ha ha , looking in all the trucks that will be parked, waiting to get in. giveing ol Gary Drye a hug if he shows. look for me Neal. short ,fat,ha ha ha , and always friendly. we will have a set of owr Norwalk lenses there. a few T-shirts, don't know why we have them all sold but one set.

------------------
www.vintage-logos.com

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Neal, all this is just my opinion, so take it fwiw.....
Chip's is Thurs-Sat, so if I were you, I'd hit town Tues afternoon, see what Chip's got and sell him your stuff(at a discount, of course). Sleep late Wed., then go BACK out there and wait like a vulture for everyone to arrive---that guarantees you finding the coolest stuff/best deals. Might as well sleep in the car so you can wake with the birds at O-dark-thirty Thursday morning, then run along behind the stragglers/late arriving vendors(like me, unless I choose to roll in Friday). By Thursday sundown, all the real excitement will be over. Friday's a good day to visit and enjoy the fellowship that binds us old gassers(along with a few rodeo-pops!)--a good lazy day to make some deals and hang out with friends, old and new. Saturday's buzzard day--pick over what little's left and buy the stuff nobody wants, then head over to Pigeon Forge and check out all the cool cars in town for the Grand Run.
Glad you're coming, as well as the left coast contingent. My cooler will be stocked.
Just remember, Chip's spring show is nothing like the September show, but it's still fun---Chip & Happy are good hosts and a lot of good people bring some good stuff

Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've never been to Chip's show but we stopped by there last November. We missed Chip by 5 minutes but we had a nice visit with Hap (Chip's dad). I bought a globe and some cans. Hap said the fall show is much bigger.
Aumann Auctions will be selling off an amazing collection in Knoxville on the 17th so the spring show might attract more people this time. I don't know if I'll make the show, but I'm hoping to make the auction.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree with Fins and twins. The show starts on Thursday, but lots of buying going on Wednesday during setup. If you wait until after Friday noon, most vendors are already packing up and leaving. There will be a few stragglers rolling in, but the really good stuff will be gone.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Gary, you making a token appearance this time? And are you bringin me those parts I need ?? AH-hahaha!

Bob, if you're THAT close you have no excuse not to come. I'm packin that Loreco can for ya!

Mike

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Neal, We usually get there on Wednesday around noon. Believe it or not, there are already vendors set up and selling. Chip and Happy run a laid back show so strict rules do not apply here. By the time Friday rolls around.....most of us are worn out. Probably cause we're OLD...Paul

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved