Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Well until about 6 months ago I was always excited to get a pump and tear it apart and rush to retore it. Until I picked up an Erie (some might remember) that there was a thread about a while back. Unfortunatly the gentlemen started to restore it and but only did the top add glass part and quit. Well I put it on my list of projects, but the more I looked at the creamy yellow Richfield doors and old nicely patina panels...I started to appreciate just the way it was back then. I thought how cool it would be to find a untouched pump that was stored. Well turn the clock to this past week.

I had a gentlemen answer one of my ads. He told me his uncle had bought a Gulf gas station in the early 60's. He quickly realized the business wasn't for him and changed it into a old time convience store! Well he had the pump removed and that very day told his nephew (man I was talking to) to "move it on in the garage so I can scrap it". Well luckily for me it never made it to the scrap yard. I met the gentlmen this morning at his uncles old store and in the back garage there she was sitting in the corner where she had been for the last 50 years! A Gilbarco 101 (I believe thats what it is from Jack's book)made specifically for Gulf. It even still had the Good Gulf porcelain plate on her. Well I got her home and cleaned her up a bit, took the plate off and scrubbed it. This is one pump that will NEVER be restored as long as I'm around anyway. I finally got my small part of the past.

gulf1.jpg

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E

gulf2.jpg

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E

gulf3.jpg

M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Great story and awesome score! I love it! These are the kinds of stories that keep me coming back to this site. You just never know what's still out there.

Congrats!

Mac

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
now thats a nice un!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
There is one of those in the hills close to you laying next to a barn. It needs everything but it is the same pump. Nice find in real nice shape!

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Does it still have the gas/oil odor?

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Well it has been disconnected for some time . However I've pulled pumps apart to restore in the past and found 50 yr old leaded gasoline in the u shaped pipes spill on me while gutting it so I am very familiar with the odor..When I layed it down for transport in my van I smelt the open pipe on the bottom and there was a faint odor there for sure. Nothing ever leaked out on the ride home though.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It seems like these pumps can stand upright for years and never leak. Lay them down on their side and when you stand them back up they leak all over. Had it happen many times.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pump, original paint can't be beat.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks Great!!!

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved