Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
This month back in 1996, I started this site on my ISP's home page server space. It was a humble beginning with a dozen links and a couple of pictures. But there was really no other place on the Web that had even that much petroliana information in one place.
In December 1997, I registered the domain Oldgas.com and started operating the site on it's own server. My original ISP has since gone out of business. In January 1998 the Shop Talk forum was started with software that proved to be overwhelmed by volume.
In September 2000, Shop Talk was upgraded to UBB software that is still in place today.
Over the years Oldgas.com has grown steadily in participation, valuable content and financial stability. I am thankful for the many enthusiasts who have helped out over the years answering questions, posting pictures and volunteering to help in an ongoing basis. One of the smartest things I have done is to bring Bob Drake and Hubba in as moderators. Their effort, knowledge and enthusiasm have greatly added to this site. The many "of the month" coordinators generate more quality content than one, two or three guys could ever do.
We are now in our 10th year. I know a lot of people dream and never achieve that dream. I'm thankful my vision has come true and I have all of you to thank for it.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Let me be the first to say congrats Jim. Looking forward to the next 10 years.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks go out to you Jim for giving all of us gas geeks a place to share, dicuss & argue about the hobby that we all love. I am thankful for the many new people I have met through this site. A BIG thanks goes out to you for taking a chance on this site.

THANK YOU

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Imperial Refineries Items
Kansas City, Missouri 64151

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks to you Jim and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OLDGAS. Thanks also to every collector and enthusiest out there who participates and values this site. Its a truely wonderful thing to have commradery with other collectors around the Country and world on a regular basis and this site provides that. Thank you very much JIM and again....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OLDGAS....WE LOVE YOU

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
9 YEARS AND STILL GOING STRONG!
CONGRATS AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MR. POTTS FOR PROVIDING ALL US HUMBLE PETRO FREAKS WITH A PLACE THAT FOR THE MOST PART KEEPS US OUT OF TROUBLE! THIS IS 14 MONTHS FOR ME AND I'M HAPPY TO BE A PART OF THE OLDGAS.COM HOSTING TEAM!

THANKS FOR MAKING SUCH A WUNNERFUL WEBSITE BACK THEN A LASTING AND FULFILLING ONE TODAY!
DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT IT.
(PROBABLY SNIFF ETHER AND WONDER IF MAKING TABLE LAMPS FROM REPRO GLOBES IS OKAY OR NOT!).

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
So glad that I found this place. The other sites that I stumbled across seemed to be nothing more than stumbling blocks.

Thanks to all, for the help in my projects. Thanks to the moderators & hosts for the different forums.

Great work guys. I hope that there is many more of these anniverseries in the future.

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

G
G
Thanks Jim and Oldgas for all that you have done. This is a great site to visit everyday. I have learned alot from this site. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OLDGAS

Thanks
Tyler Gasper

Gas Pump Gasper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A big thanks to Jim for starting the site and another to the guys that make it what it is today. I see the site still growing and just like a marrage we have arguements and fights but in the end it's all still fun. Jim... let everyone here know what some of the numbers are... like time people spend on the site, visitors, page hits and so on because it's amazing. This year will be the first for Jim, Hubba, Bob to all get together in person and will have a table at Peotone so if you read and don't post... at least stop and say you love the site.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
A BIG thank you to Jim, we love this place! Thanks for all your hard work!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
THANKS JIM POTTS ITS BEEN GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
AND I AGREE HUBBA AND BOB WERE GREAT ADDITIONS YOUR A SMART MAN JIM WITH KEEN INSITE.
I REMEMBER MEETING JIM AT IOWA GAS IN 1998 I THNIK HE HAD SET UP IN A ROOM AND WAS DEMOSTRATING HOW HIS SITE WORKED WHEN NITA AND I LEFT,I SAID ARE YOU SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAID AND HOW WE CAN GET ON HIS SITE.
THANKS AGAIN JIM LETS GROW TOGETHER.
REX

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
This site is definatly a stop for me every
day.Thanks to Jim and all the others that
make it what it is.This site is the biggest
reason I even bought a computer.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Thanks Jim for working hard enough to make your vision, our reality and giving gas geeks a place to go. It is much appreciated.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jim, congrats on 9 years!!! You have to be extremely proud of your vision and what this has turned into. I have to agree adding Bob and Hubba was a great move, they are terrific!!!
I'd also like to say thanks to your wife because behind every gas geek there is a great woman.

Congrats
Wads

D
D
thank's Jim and happy anniversary. Really like this site. Mike

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have been collecting now over 6yrs now and have a good collection.Most of my info has come from this site over the years.I recently became a user and like it even more.Three girlfriends later I still have all my gas stuff but no camera,I am working on it.Awsome site and thanks very much for all the crew has done over the years.I think that there are more people like me that just read and never write about it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved