Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Being a retired Sheriff Deputy we have had luck telling people to put up signs that state they are being monitored on hidden survellance camera and thiefs will be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Buy some cheap dummy cameras and put them also in all areas. Just some suggestion that might help. Hugh

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Think this out a little! You know who the guy is, or at least what he looks like! Install some security stuff that will allow you to monitor from a distance. Put some silent alarm equiptment in place that would be connected to the law enforcement.
Don't know how far you live from the premises, but it should be easy beans to catch someone that keeps coming back!
Maybe hold a wellm advertised public function there and have a street clothes cop there to grab him when he shows. You know what he looks like but he obviously doesn't realize it yet! Work that to your advantage!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Another thing I would do is put up some signs that say no trespassing or Beware of Dog.

Last edited by Oldgas; Wed Sep 07 2011 03:46 PM.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
one thing i know for sure is thats a dodge neon 2000 to 2004 body ..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
With that nice of place... I think i would also invest in a ADT or some simular system ...with a very loud bell or claxton.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
I see a bumper sticker or dealer sticker between the right tail light and 3rd brake light on his car.

Tip: This guy needs gas for his car, and there are cameras at the stations. Get friendly with the clerks that work the counter at these places. Give them the photos (especially the night shift workers - seems like this guy is out at 3:30am) and tell them that if they help out you will give them a $100 or something. This has worked for me before: Clerk recognises the guy, calls you or the police saying he was there at X:XXam/pm. Then they pull the time stamped video at the gas pumps / parking lot / etc. and you can get a plate number. This guy smokes too so he is getting his smokes where he gasses up I imagine.

Tip 2: Visit any other police stations that are in your vacinity and bring a stack of copies of his photo and car. (Write the case number + incident descrition down on the photo) Have the desk clerk, or whoever, put a copy in each officers pidgeon hole. Officers may recognise him; if not, they surely know some local 'nair do wells' that would rat him out for brownie points.

Tip 3: Everyone needs to get their mail. Visit local post offices, show the clerks his photo. Some of the ladies that work there have outstanding memories. Also make sure the rural mail delivery guys get the photos as well. Offer rewards, or a donation to local charity on their behalf for help finding him.

Good luck!!!!

Need more ideas: PM me.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
If the FBI wanted his plate number they could get it from that photo! Atleast tell if he is from your area. I guess he has to steal somemore before law enforcement will be interested in catching him!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
So true LOWright. Maybe put an ad in the local paper with his photo asking if people know who he is!? If they will not publish the picture, just publish a weblink to it! I predict this guy will be caught, and when they serve a warrant on his residence, there is gonna be a whole lot of other stolen stuff there.

Last edited by Finder; Wed Sep 07 2011 01:08 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i know i'll probably catch some grief over this, but i have absolutely ZERO tolerance for a thief .if it were me, i would start staying there overnight & when the sucker came back, as soon as he was inside the bldg, i would put a bullet in him, done deal. if you don't think you have the heart to kill, catch him outside & before he knows what hit him, wear him out with a good steel pipe. i mean get him before he knows whats happened & break bones, kneecaps etc. if he can't walk again, he cant very well steal anymore. you stand a greater chance of being prosecuted if you maim vs. if you kill with our biased "criminal justice system". again, i just have a really short fuse when it comes to stealing, even when it isn't my property being stolen.

Last edited by sellersrodshop; Wed Sep 07 2011 01:32 PM.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Does he have a Groucho Marx disguise on?

glassers.jpg

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
OP Offline
I have tried alot of these. There is no trespassing signs along fence in front. 4 ft high chain running legnth of yard. Have 12 cameras outside, 5 of which record, the rest are dummys. Posted his picture on window with a reward sign here! No kidding, he broke that window!!!! I have a alarm in shop, but no glass breaks, They will go off on their own in colder temp, and I do not heat this place year round. he has to open door or window to set it off. Then it calls me! His picture has run in 2 local papers, front page of 1, twice. I will take care of him if I catch him. I know where to go that the cameras are not looking. This has been bothering me for months. It is on youtube under WAMSLEYS Thanks for the help. Burry

PAY IT FORWARD......
OP Offline
It looks like grocho marks! or Ron Jermery. I heard these alot. Even from state police....

PAY IT FORWARD......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
After watching the video- I really like my idea. I'd make his hair curl!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's kind of like watching a rat scurring around. A out house rat. He really has the caricaturistics of a rodent. I love your station by the way. We had someone dumping lawn clippings on our road for a month or two. One night I got up at 2:00 am and rode the kids bike down the road and stood in the trees. All be darned if the damn paper guy didnt back up next to me and dump a load of grass 10 feet away from me. He doesnt deliver our paper anymore.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved