Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280646 Thu Oct 20 2011 07:59 PM
M
moof Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi i'm new to this site and am a currently restoring my first pump, It is a Gilbarco Sales Maker , Model 1001B.3
Does anyone know anything about this pump, oil comopanies that used it or anything? Please help

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
moof #280654 Thu Oct 20 2011 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS.
Better start building a Fence, pumps multiply Faster than Wallaby's/Jackrabbits. Won't be long till ya have to get a Antique Equipment Permit!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
As the author of the Gas Pump Identification book, I have tried to answer many questions about pumps (Bowsers as you call them), but it seems that the pumps had different Models numbers down under than we had here in the U.S.
First a picture would surly help, then we would know what pump you are asking about.
Second, to answer your question about which companies used the pump, my answer would be, what companies are in New Zealand? Oil companies did not buy pumps, use them, replace them, then throw them away, these used pumps went to the used pump market, much like a used car, so who knows what company put their name or sign on the pump in the aftermarket. My suggestion, sandblast it, take it back to the way it looked during the mfg. of the pump, then paint it what ever colors you want. Hell,paint it yellow and black for Holloween, no one is going to tell you it is wrong.

You might want to check out this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gb%201114.htm
It might be one of these.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Esso owned Gilbarco so there's a good chance it was painted Esso colors. Esso (regular) had white doors and the rest was red. Esso Extra (Premium) had white doors and the rest was blue, and the most exotic (if one can use that word) was Golden Esso Extra (super premium) which had white doors and Gold paint on the rest of the pump. Globes could be used and different colored square decals on the doors and, ad glass showing Esso, Esso Extra or Golden Esso Extra - not an easy task to find those...
The 1001 may have a swing arm on top as it is a pump made for the British Commonwelth. Globe was a possibility even with the swing arm.
br
Claes

Last edited by fast66; Fri Oct 21 2011 01:23 PM. Reason: always spelling ;-)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved